Thinking of picking this up...

93toNV

Wife and I went and looked at a 2002 Ford Excursion 4x4 Limited with the v10 gas motor today. Has all the space in the world! Flip down DVD, heated leather, power pedals, the whole package. They are asking $11000 for it, and it has 90k on the clock. Any opinions? How do they hold up maint. wise?? Anyone ever own one or know someone who does?

If you like spending money on gas, the V10 is pretty solid. If I had my choice I'd do the 7.3. We had an 01 Excursion come in, bone stock to the paper filter. With an SCT programmer we picked up more than advertised, with it making almost 400RWHP and just under 700FTLBS. His milage jumped from 14MPG up to 17-18 range. I'd hold off for the 7.3 Powerstroke, it would be a better investment.

I cant justify giving them a newer car with waaay less miles on it, that gets 33mpg for the v10.

yeah, this would be sheer lunacy. you're supposed to buy cars with less mileage on them, then the one you're trading it.

90k miles is way too much for $11k

Wife and I went and looked at a 2002 Ford Excursion 4x4 Limited with the v10 gas motor today. Has all the space in the world! Flip down DVD, heated leather, power pedals, the whole package. They are asking $11000 for it, and it has 90k on the clock. Any opinions? How do they hold up maint. wise?? Anyone ever own one or know someone who does?

y would u buy something that people are taken a big losses on becacuse they cant not afford the gas for that GAS-HOG. if you get get the deseil motor the car lot might pay u to take it off there hands lol

Why would you buy something that people are taking a big loss on? Becacuse they can't not afford the gas, for that GAS-HOG. If you get get the diesel motor

the car lot might pay u to take it off there hands lol

learn to fucking spell. And what the fuck does your last sentence have to do with anything?

If you like spending money on gas, the V10 is pretty solid. If I had my choice I'd do the 7.3. We had an 01 Excursion come in, bone stock to the paper filter. With an SCT programmer we picked up more than advertised, with it making almost 400RWHP and just under 700FTLBS. His milage jumped from 14MPG up to 17-18 range. I'd hold off for the 7.3 Powerstroke, it would be a better investment.

Scotty why can't mine do that.

I'll pm you... I've never heard of that, I know they have a level six with a waver signed. But I'm worried about the trainy and fuel pressure to the lift pump.

Pm'd sir. If you get a new lift pump, and have the tranny worked over, it should have no issue holding that setting. From what I've heard, it's a handful :cool: