Which is worse?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Which is worse?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NASCAR:

"Stock Car" racing where every car is the same except for a sticker package. And 2-door V8 RWD versions of 4-door V6 FWD cars is the norm.

The engines are from different manufacturers, but they're so heavily regulated, it might as well be the same engine.

Innovation is squashed whenever it crops up. The only innovation is new ways to bend the rules.

A driver is way ahead? Debris on the track!

Can't pass? HIT the other car. "Rubbin's Racin'!"

Drifting:

Run what you brung! Doesn't matter what make/model/power car you've got: show up and drive.

Got an idea on how to drift better? Do it. Crazy steering racks, trick suspensions, engine swaps? Bring it.

The only motorsport where a 22 year old 200hp Corolla can go against a brand new 600hp Viper and win.

Touch the other car? You get no points for that run. "Rubbin'" is NOT racing and won't be tolerated. Real drivers don't need to hit another car to pass it.

I dunno, seems to me that drifting has less BS and allows people to do more with their cars. It's a sport where it doesn't matter what you drive, but how you drive it. Other than the flashy cars (which I kinda like, personally) it seems to be more of a car-guy's sport than NASCAR.

And honestly... Roundy-rounds? Really?

Street Life Tour drift event from October- last event of the year with a couple Formula D drivers, including Van Der Brink with his turbo mustang. A lot of good local talent in the video with great music and editing.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/DMVM-Street-Life-Tour_205019.htm?ref=7d1bc336-16f8-4e2a-a4b1-9a270144c9a4

ohh look 1:28 im in the video..... that is all.

NASCAR:

"Stock Car" racing where every car is the same except for a sticker package. And 2-door V8 RWD versions of 4-door V6 FWD cars is the norm.

The engines are from different manufacturers, but they're so heavily regulated, it might as well be the same engine.

Innovation is squashed whenever it crops up. The only innovation is new ways to bend the rules.

A driver is way ahead? Debris on the track!

Can't pass? HIT the other car. "Rubbin's Racin'!"

Drifting:

Run what you brung! Doesn't matter what make/model/power car you've got: show up and drive.

Got an idea on how to drift better? Do it. Crazy steering racks, trick suspensions, engine swaps? Bring it.

The only motorsport where a 22 year old 200hp Corolla can go against a brand new 600hp Viper and win.

Touch the other car? You get no points for that run. "Rubbin'" is NOT racing and won't be tolerated. Real drivers don't need to hit another car to pass it.

I dunno, seems to me that drifting has less BS and allows people to do more with their cars. It's a sport where it doesn't matter what you drive, but how you drive it. Other than the flashy cars (which I kinda like, personally) it seems to be more of a car-guy's sport than NASCAR.

And honestly... Roundy-rounds? Really?

rubbing is racing, rubbing is in almost every kind of racing.

Asian Tang > Mullets

Beer > Saki

Powerslides > Left turns

Turbos > Restricter Plates

Spoilers for downforce > Wings for Bling

Get Er Done! > Ko-Ne-Chi-Waaa

Tarzan Yamada http://speedhawaii.com/events/2005/january/vkmotorsportspr/top.jpg

> Jeff Gordon

http://ritaren.tripod.com/images/gordon.jpg

Looks like Drifting has it.

Asian Tang > Mullets

Beer > Saki

Powerslides > Left turns

Turbos > Restricter Plates

Spoilers for downforce > Wings for Bling

Get Er Done! > Ko-Ne-Chi-Waaa

Tarzan Yamada http://speedhawaii.com/events/2005/january/vkmotorsportspr/top.jpg

> Jeff Gordon

http://ritaren.tripod.com/images/gordon.jpg

Looks like Drifting has it.

QFT-ruthiness

rubbing is racing, rubbing is in almost every kind of racing.

Not as a legitimate form of passing. Except maybe demo derby.

Of course there is contact in all forms of side-by-side racing. But only in NASCAR is it considered a viable tactic for making a pass. Wait for the guy ahead to load up his outside suspension and then nudge him to send him high. It's just childish. My friends can't beat me in racing games, so they team up and put me into the wall so one of them can win. "Rubbin' is Racin'" is the same mentality.

How about this; next time you're at the drag strip and someone is starting to pull on you, give him a nudge into the wall so you can win. Rubbin' is Racin' right?

I believe that most of the people that "hate" drifting have not even scratched the surface of the culture, history, technique and actual competition of it. If you don't understand it, than no reason to bash it. I've tried it in the past and it is quite challenging to be competitive. I have noticed that there are quite a few young teenagers that have a rusty 240sx on stock suspension and a park bench-wing that are trying to break loose in traffic but these people are nowhere near the actual drift drivers you see in actual competitions.

While I keep up on Nascar, F1 and IndyCar, they just remind me of pro wrestling; fake and filled with drama.

Old school NASCAR was true "stock" car racing.

http://www.mlodeent.com/OLDSTOCK/43dgrr70.jpg

And functional wings.

Superbird > Supra

Yes, this is when it was good. Unfortunately, whiners have made NASCAR into the bland spec-car race it is now.

If another car is faster, you go to that car. Give the manufacturers a reason to improve their cars.

But it's too late for that now.

As a side note, I'm shocked that there isn't a Daytona body kit for the new charger yet.