FS: 76 cb550

jermattak

Selling my cafe project, its halfway torndown right now, with some wiring cut to mod up the clubman bars. It has a charging problem that i havent figured out yet, possibly the silicon solenoid, i dunno. I can jump it, or charge the battery, ride it, and when i turn it off, and try again, no power at all. comes with a new battery

has a brand new seat cover, these are like $200 new, this one is perfect, paint on the tank is pretty nasty, the PO rattle canned it. For the year, and price this is a clean bike!

only 10k on it! it ran pretty well when i rode it home.

PO said he had the carbs rebuilt 2k ago, it also has a dynas digital ignition system

$700 as is, ill be putting it together within the next couple weeks, so i may be asking more. When i say put it together...its not like the motor is torn apart, its the whole bike, minus the fenders, bars, signals, rear wheel, rear brake, no big deal, but the wiring to the contols is cut, and will need to be wired, either to the oe bars, or the clubman bars that are included

i started ripping it apart as soon as i got it home, it does come with levers, and i took the stator cover off to take a look, thats why its hanging there

IMG_1784.jpg

btw, did you check to see if the fuse box contacts were corroded, they should be bright and shiny. I've had problems in the past with mine, it would blow fuses or run the battery down due to lightly aged contacts at the fuse box. 400 grit paper wrapped around a screwdriver will clean them up. It certainly isn't charging the battery. It might even be the battery, but I would guess either a short, a bad connection in the charging circuit, or the stator output. That does include the regulator. Otherwise, there is a lot of parts there that my bike would probably like to have, like the entire bike, lol. Question is, do I need yet another project...

Edited by ReconRat

what happened man?

money, its gonna cost me 3000-3500 to get this the way i want it, and im not gonna settle for anything less than whats planned out in my head. I need a dependable truck or car, a dirtbike, and maybe a newer gsxr or rc51 later this season.

the plans i had for this cafe project are awesome!

btw, this has a vance and hines exhaust, not sure if its the full system, but its loud as hell, and sounds extremly mean, meaner at high revs than most of the newer sportbikes on this forum with full systems, it made a little girl riding her bike on my street drop her bike and run home!