Winter life with Al Gore as Pres...

OSUGT

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008551284_snowcleanup23m.html

Let's hope we don't see any of this nonsense around here...

Nonsense? why? Because people realize it is possible to drive on snow without heaping pound after pound of salt on the roads? People in the Northeast deal with 10x more snow that people in Ohio do, and its easy because they invest in good cars (you won't see anything but Subarus, Jeeps, and Audis) and good snow tires. For the amount of tax money that's saved by minimizing plowing and sanding, you could probably afford to upgrade to an AWD car.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to add that everyone in the Northern states does it in mountainous terrain, not on completely flat roads like the midwest.

Wow, talk about predictability on the first two to respond

Also, I don't give a shit how the Northeast deals with snow. It's your deal, not mine.

Since I don't look at cars as an "investment", I will stick with my mother earth non-friendly salt.

You live in a state that continues to elect Barney Frank...how smart can it be?

Last EDIT: Can you show me the last time a tax was repealed in MASS? Funny how you SAVE so much money driving Audi's, Jeeps and such in a bankrupt state.

Christ, could you imagine the morons on the streets here with snow on the roads instead of Odot handling business. No thanks, besides deaths would skyrocket and they would be salting again. It's bad enough when it rains.

Let Darwin handle them. :p

I'm all for not using salt if it truly is fucking with the environment up there. I'm no tree hugger, but if there's a better way, I'm all for it.

Christ, could you imagine the morons on the streets here with snow on the roads instead of Odot handling business. No thanks, besides deaths would skyrocket and they would be salting again. It's bad enough when it rains.

Deaths sky rocketing is a good thing.

I'm just saying that if they go up, they would salt the roads, reduce the speed limit to 45 on the freeway, and put orange barrels up on every freeway so they could double all speed fines. That's how Ohio rolls.

Of course.. I'd like to see a cop/trooper speed up to, and pull you over in said conditions. :bangbang:

I'm just saying that if they go up, they would salt the roads, reduce the speed limit to 45 on the freeway, and put orange barrels up on every freeway so they could double all speed fines. That's how Ohio rolls.

I'm well aware, my traffic record is epic.

Nonsense? why? Because people realize it is possible to drive on snow without heaping pound after pound of salt on the roads? People in the Northeast deal with 10x more snow that people in Ohio do, and its easy because they invest in good cars (you won't see anything but Subarus, Jeeps, and Audis) and good snow tires. For the amount of tax money that's saved by minimizing plowing and sanding, you could probably afford to upgrade to an AWD car.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to add that everyone in the Northern states does it in mountainous terrain, not on completely flat roads like the midwest.

=)

Subies ftw.

WRX + 400hp + snow = FUN time

Camaro + 300hp + snow = drive careful

Of course.. I'd like to see a cop/trooper speed up to, and pull you over in said conditions. :bangbang:

It would be fun to pull ahead and stop and wait for him to get to you then pull ahead another 1/4 mile and wait and do that over and over and over. The ticket and jail time would be worth it after he has your license plate number only if you could get it on tape. :)

Mine might be slightly less epic, but epic none the less. You know you've made it when you get pulled out of a car at gunpoint and all you get is a speeding ticket at double the limit.

I've yet to be pulled out of the car, but I've been at gunpoint for a plate light.

Another way to know you've arrived is if you manage to get not one, but two speeding tickets within twelve hours - and if that isn't bad enough, add that it was in two different states.

But I've never been involved in an accident. I get raped on insurance as if I have been, though.

America, fuck yeah.