ImUrOBGYN

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like tobacco? That's not taxed either.

....oh wait..................

:p

Manufactured cigarettes are taxed. It isn't taxed just growing it at home, for obvious reasons. I think pot cigarettes should be taxed but the plants themselves are just...plants.

sweet, pure speculation

this will go nowhere in the next four years. IF Obama gets reelected, then maybe.

You've probably got a good point there.

Spoke with a doctor Monday who's conducting a study I was going to be involved in. Nothing to do with marijuana, however, the topic came up. He thinks it should be legal, as well. His belief is that it would be legal if the government could come up with a lucractive way of taxing it. I think that's one of a few reasons. His belief in it's medical uses was strong, as well.

$5 for 1 joint.

:thumbup:

That would solve a lot of the financial crisis our Gov't is in. However, it would probably cause MORE issues for the regular folks.

:(

KillJoy

??

I think if pot was made legal there would not be a huge change in the number of smokers. I think it would be a shift in the money flow though.

I think we're far more likely to see it further decrimnalized then legalized. I do hope he keeps true to his promise of not prosecuting medical marijuana patients that are recognized by there states laws.

??

I think if pot was made legal there would not be a huge change in the number of smokers. I think it would be a shift in the money flow though.

I think we're far more likely to see it further decrimnalized then legalized. I do hope he keeps true to his promise of not prosecuting medical marijuana patients that are recognized by there states laws.

I think a LOT of people would spend what little $$$ they have on legal pot, and things would get worse off.

KillJoy

PS - I am FOR legalization ;)

You've probably got a good point there.

Spoke with a doctor Monday who's conducting a study I was going to be involved in. Nothing to do with marijuana, however, the topic came up. He thinks it should be legal, as well. His belief is that it would be legal if the government could come up with a lucractive way of taxing it. I think that's one of a few reasons. His belief in it's medical uses was strong, as well.

They could easily come up with a way to tax it. I'm sure it would work out to be exactly the same as ciggarettes, in that there are production farms to grow it, then it gets sent to a factory to be processed. Hell, it may even come with filters, who knows.

At this point, it will be easy to come by, just like ciggs, so with a real supply that's easy to get, the price will drop. Severely. The manufacturing cost per pack will be pennies, so after a huge tax on it, just like ciggs, a pack of 20 will be $4 - $8. This will kill any incentive anyone might have to grow their own, because it's no longer cost effective and too much work when you can go to the gas station and just get it. This means that drug dealer's largest seller is now completely wiped out, putting many of them out of business.

I think a LOT of people would spend what little $$$ they have on legal pot, and things would get worse off.

KillJoy

PS - I am FOR legalization ;)

Kinda like booze, right?

I am in favor of legalizing it. I don't encourage anyone do that stuff. I just don't see the need to throw people in jail for years for having a bag of it.

A/S/L?

Srsly... I know this will offend you, and I dont mean to make you feel that way, but I'm impressed by the increase in tolerance that you've showed over the past year or so.

I've been on here for like 5 years, and this is the first time I think I've said that.

I don't think it will be legalized untill they have a way to test and see if you have it in your system right then (like an alcohol breath test) in order to control dui stuff the problem now is you smoked last week and it still shows up in your piss when you take a test even though you havn't had any of the drug for four or five days

I don't think it will be legalized untill they have a way to test and see if you have it in your system right then (like an alcohol breath test) in order to control dui stuff the problem now is you smoked last week and it still shows up in your piss when you take a test even though you havn't had any of the drug for four or five days

mouth swab drug test does this. I think it goes back about 8 hours if im not mistaken...