Oh shit

Miller

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lighting in my garage is horrible with a bad camera. When I tear down to it I'll bring this thread back to life. Until then boohoo for miller, I'm gonna go get some beer.

Sucks big nuts sir.

At least you've got a while to rebuild.

#1...you dont own a cobra

#2....beating on an untuned turbo mustang let alone a non-studded/gasketed one would be similar to going to prison, getting in shower, and purposely dropping the soap. If your not expecting something to go drastically wrong....well then you may need to re-think

Now that im done being an ass sorry that happened and go get yourself some arp's, cometics, and a tune.

Guest Removed
#1...you dont own a cobra

#2....beating on an untuned turbo mustang let alone a non-studded/gasketed one would be similar to going to prison, getting in shower, and purposely dropping the soap. If your not expecting something to go drastically wrong....well then you may need to re-think

Now that im done being an ass sorry that happened and go get yourself some arp's, cometics, and a tune.

speaks the truth

turbo'd and no tune = vented blocks and or heads.

cometics, arps stud, girdles and a tune!

All very true to the above posts, maybe a little less graphic. I will say this though: if I split the block it could mean a few things, one of them being I was making over 450hp on 5psi. :nod:

Who give a fuck, everything that supposedly broke was a weak point anyhow, and wasn't going to hold out long with the power I want to make. Time to upgrade.

Guest Removed
All very true to the above posts, maybe a little less graphic. I will say this though: if I split the block it could mean a few things, one of them being I was making over 450hp on 5psi. :nod:

Who give a fuck, everything that supposedly broke was a weak point anyhow, and wasn't going to hold out long with the power I want to make. Time to upgrade.

you didnt split the block,,, you made a hole from the inside!

speaks the truth

turbo'd and no tune = vented blocks and or heads.

cometics, arps stud, girdles and a tune!

I got ARP's

School me on the girldle "Is that the brace for the top of the block people use?"

And WTF are Cometics?....

Im a noob, BTW Miller got lots of beer last night at my house:p Hopefully it eased the pain.

Guest Removed
I got ARP's

School me on the girldle "Is that the brace for the top of the block people use?"

Im a noob, BTW Miller got lots of beer last night at my house:p Hopefully it eased the pain.

cometics are head gaskets...mls style

girdles go top and on the main caps...

either way, stock block is running on borrowed time period. older blocks tend to hold for a while longer, but anyway you look at it, girdled or not, it will break! older A or B50 blocks would be best...the new boss block is the shit. but when you come to that point, you might aswell go big bore, short stroke, big air flow and mild boost will make some sick power.

and when you got ARP's i hope you got studs instead of bolts!

Girdle is for the bottom of the block. It helps hold the main caps into the block and keeps the crank from flexing.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/attachments/hybrids/61470d1228308240-new-gn-powered-mustang-project-pc030228.jpg

The black chunk of steel with all the studs through it.

Cometic is a company that makes head gaskets that are VERY hard to blow.

I got ARP's

That I did, maybe too much.

Cometics are some serious gaskets for the 5.0

Rob I'm sure he has studs if he's pushing that kind of boost.

Guest Removed
Girdle is for the bottom of the block. It helps hold the main caps into the block and keeps the crank from flexing.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/attachments/hybrids/61470d1228308240-new-gn-powered-mustang-project-pc030228.jpg

The black chunk of steel with all the studs through it.

Cometic is a company that makes head gaskets that are VERY hard to blow.

i hope you meant block flexing to keep the crank flexing in check.also helps keep the mains from walking around to.

Guest Removed
Thanks for the info guys, ARP's are on lock and so are the MLS gaskets.

I heard about the girdle just have not seen one applied. After the block blows in the 7 it will more than likely get some big N/A power.

Miller you do 1.7rockers on your setup?..

1.7's and big cams are no no on a stock piston motor. piston to valve clearance must be checked.

i hope you meant block flexing to check the crank flexing in check.also helps keep the mains from walking around to.

In Buick V6s the crankshaft is what gives first. A lot of the time you can blow the crank into multiple chunks and the block will still be alright.

We call it the DOTC club (drove over the crank).