Sprinfield 1911 A1 GI

Wonderboy

I owned one once.

I never had a SINGLE issue, once properly broken in. The Trigger Pull was HORRIBLE though! I had Kevin at Blackwing work it over for me (he is no longer there though :( ). Afterwards, it was a smooth as glass pull. The sights are.... well.... they are sights :D

If you plan on modifying it yourself, go for it. However, if you want to add bells and whisltles later on, spend the $$$ NOW to save a LOT of $$$ later, and get a higher level model.

I was perfectly happy with mine (AFTER the Trigger Job).

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Do you think the MilSpec one would be a better option or should I stay away from the springfield 1911's?

Well... the MilSpec IS above the GI. I also have a Loaded Model. I LOVE it. I had Kevin do the Trigger on it, and drops right at 3.75lbs. I would go for this, if you can afford it.

With that being said, the MilSpec is a good value.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

PS - The Misses has a Dan Wesson Pointman 7. If you can find one of those for a good price, you WILL NOT be disappointed!

WOW!!! I just looked up the Pistol the Misses has. HOLY SHIT those prices jumped!!! They used to be about $700 vs Springfield's $900 for the same options. They are now on par w/ Springfield's. :(

Good luck in whatever you choose. There are more parts available for these than a 350SB!

:D

KillJoy