Found ar15 upper for retail price with a catch

Rayman

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/RaymanS115/stag2htright.gif

Just ordered one of those for $650. It's a Stag-15 Model 2HT Pre-Ban with Samson MRFS-C Rail. Comes with flip up rear sight/front post and a 16" chrome lined 1/9 twist barrel.

Found a dealer that isn't trying to price gouge but the only catch is that they have a 5 MONTH WAIT! Damn Obama scare.

Welcome to yesterday, there's been a wait since last month. Not a bad price, but most that are current in firearms know the way of the market at the moment. It's funny the public flocks to the AR15 and AK47 first. That just leaves a vast open market for weapons like the PTR91 (H&K G3), M1A, FAL, Galil, etc...

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/RaymanS115/stag2htright.gif

Just ordered one of those for $650. It's a Stag-15 Model 2HT Pre-Ban with Samson MRFS-C Rail. Comes with flip up rear sight/front post and a 16" chrome lined 1/9 twist barrel.

Found a dealer that isn't trying to price gouge but the only catch is that they have a 5 MONTH WAIT! Damn Obama scare.

That's a LOT of money for that upper. We sold those for 475 not too long ago in the same config. I have not been a fan of Stag barrels personally.

That's a LOT of money for that upper. We sold those for 475 not too long ago in the same config. I have not been a fan of Stag barrels personally.

Hold on....wait.! You sold the Stag 2ht for 475 or one kinda like it? Cause the 2ht has always been around 650. I know people that paid that for it before this Obama frenzy. As did I.

Hold on....wait.! You sold the Stag 2ht for 475 or one kinda like it? Cause the 2ht has always been around 650. I know people that paid that for it before this Obama frenzy. As did I.

It was the Stag, I am positive of it. That is seriously a lot of money for it. I've seen them sell for up to 580 with the Samson on it, but never higher... even at "local" retail stores! Sometimes the internet isn't always the cheapest place to get things, especially right now. Hell, I didn't even pay 600 for one of my Wilson uppers with quad rail two years ago.

If I had to wait MONTHS for an Upper, I would have gotten a RRA.

KillJoy

I used to think the world of RRA until I owned one. Not the worst company out there, but definitely not worth the money IMO. And, like you say... They don't have any clue about manufacturing on a deadline. A lot of the time they don't even meet the DOD's deadline.

I used to think the world of RRA until I owned one. Not the worst company out there, but definitely not worth the money IMO. And, like you say... They don't have any clue about manufacturing on a deadline. A lot of the time they don't even meet the DOD's deadline.

The only reason I want a RRA Upper is to match my RRA Complete Lower :D

KillJoy

I was quoted mid-late feb on an upper on Monday. I am looking at building a Varmint upper.

WOW! I tried calling their phone, and it never went through.

I contacted them via their website, and it took 9 days to replay w/ an APPROXIMATE ETA of 6-8 weeks for a M4-gery Upper.

:(

KillJoy

I contacted them via their website, and it took 9 days to replay w/ an APPROXIMATE ETA of 6-8 weeks for a M4-gery Upper.

KillJoy

Yeah that date would be about 6-8 weeks. I still it is one of best places to get uppers. Most of the hardcore gamers I know get their uppers from Del-Ton if they don't build them themselves.

It was the Stag, I am positive of it. That is seriously a lot of money for it. I've seen them sell for up to 580 with the Samson on it, but never higher... even at "local" retail stores! Sometimes the internet isn't always the cheapest place to get things, especially right now. Hell, I didn't even pay 600 for one of my Wilson uppers with quad rail two years ago.

That upsets me. I thought Pete gave me deal. The crook!!!!!

Yeah that date would be about 6-8 weeks. I still it is one of best places to get uppers. Most of the hardcore gamers I know get their uppers from Del-Ton if they don't build them themselves.

try longer then that, i placed an order on 11/15/08 and they are still about 1000 orders away from me :mad:, oh and if you ordered right now you would be 4000-5000 orders away for them to get to you

they are supposable shipping 50-70 orders a day.

KillJoy

That's a VERY good lead time right now with what I am hearing from some manufacturers.