Putty

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats SEC?

I meant E. Sciongirl's post set me off.

I remember last time OSU had a highly touted QB coming in who was supposed to be savior and win a Heisman. What was his name? Oh yeah, Justin Zwick. How did he pan out?

I think it's safe to say OSU would have been nowhere this season had Pryor not been there. Boeckman is horrible. Did well lastnight though

you're telling me he wouldn't develop better in a spread offense in 4 years than in a run-heavy offense with a shitty o-line that can't hold a pocket? sure, he's gonna be a great run/pass hybrid but ask vince young how well those guys do in the NFL

"Hi, Vince! How are things going in the NFL?"

Vince: "Pretty good, I got the rookie of the year award in 2006"

"That's cool"

Vince: "Yeah, then I went crazy and some old guy took my spot"

"Bummer"

Vince: "Yeah, I blame it on Mac Brown for turning me into a Hybrid or something"

I mean, look at the last QB's Tressel has sent "Pro"

Steve Bellisari, Craig Krenzel, Troy Smith. All superstars in the NFL.

Superstars??? I hope your joking on this one.

Vince Young isn't that good of a quarterback. And if Pryor can't be as good as Young, looks like the bench for Pryor

How can you judge a coach's performance when he inherits an increasingly shitty team from an increasingly shitty coach who got a terrible recruiting class? If Rodriguez had a guy like Pryor and 2 years to get a lot of solid recruits in I'm not sure how UM would be as a team but a guy who runs the spread offense would definitely be better than Tressel.

I mean, look at the last QB's Tressel has sent "Pro"

Steve Bellisari, Craig Krenzel, Troy Smith. All superstars in the NFL.

Troy is actually pretty damn good, but the ravens decided that going 9/23 with no touchdowns, or 4/15 with 2 interceptions with a rookie quarterback was a better idea. But as long as the ravens keep winning from their defense, flacco is going to keep getting his nuts licked.

And whoever said boeckman is horrible needs to try again. I guess in college football if you don't scramble then you're a shitty quarterback...

Side note:

I have to laugh at the fact that now all of the sudden Tressell is a terrible coach. How quickly people forget in stick ball sports and will turn on you. I guess if you are not running a gimmick offence that uses smoke and mirrors to hide a lack of coaching you suck.

/rant

Back to the hatefest...

Smoke and mirrors? So the three bowl games in a row we've lost were all hoaxes? Thank god. For a few years there, I was worried.

Pryor will get better as a passer that will take some polish. He is much better off here than up north car Ram Rod is a certified tard and would have wrecked his career.

Side note:

I have to laugh at the fact that now all of the sudden Tressell is a terrible coach. How quickly people forget in stick ball sports and will turn on you. I guess if you are not running a gimmick offence that uses smoke and mirrors to hide a lack of coaching you suck.

/rant

Back to the hatefest...

Tressell was too conservative when they won the title.. they just got lucky a few times and pulled the games out in the end.

About Pryor...

On the outside looking in you dont see all of the mechanical changes they are making him adopt. When you go to a big school the first 6 months consist of coaches telling him he's doing pretty much everything wrong and trying to mold him into the "perfect" quarterback. The way he throws, reads defenses, etc. etc. etc.. he has to re-learn all over again. Once he gets comfortable with what they want him to do he'll be fine. Everytime he steps back in the pocket he has 100 voices telling him what to do in his head. Hopefully he will find that equal medium next season. Once it becomes second nature as to where he doesnt have to think about it he'll be fine.

Some of you seem to forget the games where things were clicking and he looked great. Consistency will come with time if he works hard.

^^^ I agree with that. With those 100 voices he consistently made great results...Far more than the few mistakes or bad decisions. For a true Freshman to be leading a team like OSU is huge!

Troy is actually pretty damn good, but the ravens decided that going 9/23 with no touchdowns, or 4/15 with 2 interceptions with a rookie quarterback was a better idea. But as long as the ravens keep winning from their defense, flacco is going to keep getting his nuts licked.

And whoever said boeckman is horrible needs to try again. I guess in college football if you don't scramble then you're a shitty quarterback...

I think Troy needs to be traded to somewhere where hell get a chance. I'd love to see him do well in the NFL and prove people wrong but I think he will continue to ride the pine til he gets cut/not resigned.

Boeckman is nowhere near horrible, he just got the shaft because there happened to be a top ranked freshman sitting the bench behind him. Its like that new toy you get for Christmas with Pryor, its really cool to use it for all its neat features (running, passing, and now catching) but when it all comes down to it Boeckman > Pryor at the QB position. Maybe not in 2 or 3 years but that is a moot point.

I remember last time OSU had a highly touted QB coming in who was supposed to be savior and win a Heisman. What was his name? Oh yeah, Justin Zwick. How did he pan out?

Last I saw him he was hammered drunk leaning against a door of a BW3 and when said door was tapped on nicely, he acted a fool, and said door got shoved.

Then we realized it was him, and lulz all the rest of the night.

I think Troy needs to be traded to somewhere where hell get a chance. I'd love to see him do well in the NFL and prove people wrong but I think he will continue to ride the pine til he gets cut/not resigned.

Boeckman is nowhere near horrible, he just got the shaft because there happened to be a top ranked freshman sitting the bench behind him. Its like that new toy you get for Christmas with Pryor, its really cool to use it for all its neat features (running, passing, and now catching) but when it all comes down to it Boeckman > Pryor at the QB position. Maybe not in 2 or 3 years but that is a moot point.

Troy is too small. That's his problem. He'll never be a starting QB. I see this...i'm telling ya. Boeckman is a good QB, but he makes too many bad decisions. He takes chances and he has nothing more than a throw that's sub-par. The beauty of Troy and Pryor is "fine...take my wide outs"....now i'm going to run the ball all over you. Boeckman doesn't have that...it's needed, imo.

I meant E. Sciongirl's post set me off.

I think it's safe to say OSU would have been nowhere this season had Pryor not been there. Boeckman is horrible. Did well lastnight though

lol my post made you mistype? i see....

what exactly are you disagreeing with me about? other than the fact that i have a vagina and you don't and i know about football? lets chat.

i agree pryor made this season last longer but mostly on some lucky passing and great running ability. he's a god-like athlete, i know this... but everytime he would cock his arm back, i already knew what was going to happen. fail.

what were the final completion % of pryor anyway? last i saw he went 5/12?

You're an idiot. Flacco, as a rookie in a run-heavy team with absolutely no receiver support, averaged a passer rating of 80.3, completing 61% and averaging 6.9 yd/throw. Oh yeah, and he's in the playoffs. As a rookie.

Seriously I'm baffled by how ignorant you are of the facts.

i agree pryor made this season last longer but mostly on some lucky passing and great running ability. he's a god-like athlete, i know this... but everytime he would cock his arm back, i already knew what was going to happen. fail.

You should go back and check the stats. It appears your memory of him only goes back 2 games.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

100 166 1311 60.2.. 7.90.. 56 12 ..4 ...21 ..145.62

This is a freshman that didnt play all season putting out numbers like this. And against Penn State of all teams he threw for over 200 yards before the rookie mistake he made late. The guy is good, and doesnt throw balls up for grabs like Boeckman does when he's under pressure. Hes the QB because he beat the other guy out in practice and on the field. The coach didnt just put him in for the hell of it.

You should go back and check the stats. It appears your memory of him only goes back 2 games.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

100 166 1311 60.2 7.90 56 12 4 21 145.62

This is a freshman that didnt play all season putting out numbers like this. And against Penn State of all teams he threw for over 200 yards before the rookie mistake he made late. The guy is good, and doesnt throw balls up for grabs like Boeckman does when he's under pressure.

my memory of him is right on. i know what he's done this season. i asked what he did against Texas, thanks though :)

im not saying he isnt good, im saying we aren't using him properly.

lol my post made you mistype? i see....

what exactly are you disagreeing with me about? other than the fact that i have a vagina and you don't and i know about football? lets chat.

Yes, you made me screw up...I like Vag...yummmm. Anyway, you may know football, but here you have no idea what you're talking about. By what you're saying, there's hasn't been a good QB at OSU including Troy. Pryor on his Freshman year did damn near as good as Troy did in his Senior. The kid is fresh. He needs to be polished, that's for sure. His pass game needs work...but to say he throws and you pray is a low blow to him. The man threw 4 INTs the whole season. See for yourself....I'm firm on you just dislike the kid

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/bixsman/stat.jpg

my memory of him is right on. i know what he's done this season. i asked what he did against Texas, thanks though :)

im not saying he isnt good, im saying we aren't using him properly.

Against Texas he sucked major ass.. you are correct. This thread is more focused on him in the future so I was looking at it in more depth than the one game. I think he has a promising future if the coaches spread the field out and let him go. He'll surprise people when he actually gets comfortable in the pocket (if they get linemen that can block as stated before).

Yes, you made me screw up...I like Vag...yummmm. Anyway, you may know football, but here you have no idea what you're talking about. By what you're saying, there's hasn't been a good QB at OSU including Troy. Pryor on his Freshman year did damn near as good as Troy did in his Senior. The kid is fresh. He needs to be polished, that's for sure. His pass game needs work...but to say he throws and you pray is a low blow to him. The man threw 4 INTs the whole season. See for yourself....I'm firm on you just dislike the kid

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/bixsman/stat.jpg

ok.. ill tell you a story. i met him on campus and i didnt care for his cocky attitude for people around him so that might have something to do with this but i can't help but pray when he throws! i trust his legs... and i dont want that in a QB! i want that in a RB or a WR... that's all. i think he could be better used as an all around athlete on the team. FOR NOW. who knows what this kid will do later....