Utah AG: BCS may violate antitrust laws

kenny

Sounds like they have a point though. It says something when you ask a fan how the teams for the playoffs are picked and they say "I don't know." Any system that's that complex is ripe for corruption; which means there's money to be made.

The more college football the better. I also believe we should implement a system like Euro football. There, the two worst teams in the professional league drop to the minors each season and the two best move into their spot until the following year when it happens again. They should do that with college and nfl. :p

Of course, that will never happen, just a cool idear. I would really like to see the best college football team or an all star college team play the worst nfl team once a year. Just a scrimmage/all star kinda thing. That's more doable, but again, would never happen. So, playoffs is what I'll wish for, I guess. The more football the better.:)

Honestly though, Utah should pipe down, you give back Alabama back their starting o-line, game set match.

Utah should not complain, they should talk with their conference about why their conference is pathetic, and does not lobby for the conference.

The more college football the better. I also believe we should implement a system like Euro football. There, the two worst teams in the professional league drop to the minors each season and the two best move into their spot until the following year when it happens again. They should do that with college and nfl. :p

Of course, that will never happen, just a cool idear. I would really like to see the best college football team or an all star college team play the worst nfl team once a year. Just a scrimmage/all star kinda thing. That's more doable, but again, would never happen. So, playoffs is what I'll wish for, I guess. The more football the better.:)

they did that here in the past, college all-stars vs. nfl team(I think it was random teams, not the worst team) but they stopped because the nfl teams always won, college players were getting hurt and ruined their nfl dreams

Honestly though, Utah should pipe down, you give back Alabama back their starting o-line, game set match.

Utah should not complain, they should talk with their conference about why their conference is pathetic, and does not lobby for the conference.

I disagree, I think they have every right to be annoyed that they can go undefeated, and still don't have , at the very least, a shot at being Champs. Why even play football at all, if we refuse to allow teams to compete. The Giants wouldn't be superbowl champs if we allowed voting, and computers to decide who was the best.

Besides people make similar arguments as to why the Big Ten shouldn't get an auto-bid anymore(weakness), and they're not too far off. Why else would we be 1-5 in our bowl games.

The Detroit Lions get beat up enough during the regular season. No need to make them look any worse.

Football at every level and every other division including 1AA have playoffs. It must be strange to play football your whole life and the only time that you don't go to a playoff is during your 1A college career.

There are a ton of good reasons for have a playoff and a ton of good ideas to make it work. Unfortunately, the Big Ten is one of the biggest roadblocks to the playoff.

Linky to most recent talks... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3408761

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3408761

Holy crap! He plans to keep coaching until he's 96!! Wow!

Back OT: It's not a team's fault if the rest of their conference sucks. If a team is #1 in their conference, they should have a chance to play for the national title.

I don't follow college sports much, so this might be a stupid idea, but.. The above article leads me to believe there are 11 conferences. Is it possible to reduce the number to 8 or up the number to 16? That way you could have the top team from each conference compete in a single-elimination tournament culminating in the top two teams playing for the title. Seems fair. A great team in a weak conference could still make it to the top without stealing a spot from a team that fought its way through a tough conference.