GM Combo Switch

John Bruh

I have a 2000 GMC Denali. I was told by a guy that does our electronic work at our dealership before that my combo switch was going bad (because my hazards would not work).

I can not get ahold of him and its acting up again. The part was never fixed. But now my hazards arent working, the turn signals use to work now they don't, and my Brake lights aren't working. My actual brake lights dont work. Only the 3rd brake light is working.

Is this my combo switch causing my brake lights not to work? If so where is the cheapest place to source one? Is it hard to replace?

Need some info. Thanks

I replaced one of these on my old ford and decided to get it from the junkyard. I think it was like $12. Model year 2000 might be a little too new for pick & pull, but I'm sure any gm truck of that generation shares the same part so it wouldn't be too hard to find at some other yards....

Yes thats why the brake lights don't work if the fuses and bulbs are ok.

fuses and bulbs are all okay. thats the answer i needed. Thanks. Anyone know where to find one thats not out of a junkyard cheap. id prefer not to get one from a yard, because it might do the same thing.

Guest Removed
but I'm sure any gm truck of that generation shares the same part so it wouldn't be too hard to find at some other yards....

wrong! they are not the same, do to different wiring and whatnot!