computer dorks

SRTurbo04

ok so i bought some of thornes old work laptops last year that have windows 2000 on them can in install windows xp on here

the specs he wrote was

Compaq Armada P3 750's with 128-256mb of ram and 12-20gig drives.

if so any oine know where i can get free/cheap windows xp?

ok so i bought some of thornes old work laptops last year that have windows 2000 on them can in install windows xp on here

the specs he wrote was

Compaq Armada P3 750's with 128-256mb of ram and 12-20gig drives.

if so any oine know where i can get free/cheap windows xp?

You might be able to download an OEM Copy of xp pro for a compaq. I know you do it with dell's... i might have a copy... let me do some digging on my server.... the OEM ones are actived from the factory so once you install you don't have to active and you can do all of the windows updates and such.

You might be able to download an OEM Copy of xp pro for a compaq. I know you do it with dell's... i might have a copy... let me do some digging on my server.... the OEM ones are actived from the factory so once you install you don't have to active and you can do all of the windows updates and such.

That would be appreciatated, now I do have xp on my dell desktpop that came with a cd....but when I turned that comp on xp was already loaded. Would that dick work....? I don't wana pay for it due to its no harm using the windows 2000 that it has its just aggrivating sometimes using it as its oldddd

That would be appreciatated, now I do have xp on my dell desktpop that came with a cd....but when I turned that comp on xp was already loaded. Would that dick work....? I don't wana pay for it due to its no harm using the windows 2000 that it has its just aggrivating sometimes using it as its oldddd

Dont buy it ... i would go with the other persons stripped down version or when i get home tonight i will see if i can find a copy for you.

I have a full enterprise copy (unlimited installs) at the house. Come by this weekend sometime.

Swinng!!! Winnner thanks man gimme a call when u get that pocket bike an we can try to get both done,

Oh an pick up some two stroke oil, an a new plug for the bike

What the fuck is that? Never heard of it......

Linky to any docs???

KillJoy

Like ricer mentioned above, be careful on which releases you trust..

But it is XP essentially "tweaked" to operate in a small memory platform. Stripped of its frills and unnecessary services. You can usually get it installed in 150mb -200mb of space or less and will run like greased lightening.

Some guys use it for gaming..others for mini servers or car pc's ect.

http://www.google.com

Will probably get you started. Otherwise, just hit the newsgroups and you'll find a version or two around.

;)

EDIT:

There are also TinyVista distros out there too. This is when VMware comes in handy. You can sample them before deploying in your environment.

i have an ISO version of mine on my site if anyone wants it

Jones really ricer? I expected better

I use mine for everything including gaming and carpc stuffs

EDIT laptop with it running uses 190 MB of mem to run and has 18 processes

Sorry my friend.

Mr. Suhweet Ricer ??? :confused: