5.4 SOHC - Mustang GT - 1.7L Intercooled Kenne Bell and Spec Install - PICS!!!

theweiser1

My winter project....

I know i should post everythign up here... but if you want to check out my project check this out....

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125811

if not then go away :)

Brian will dyno it when its done ... Thanks Brian!!! Your the man :D

My winter project....

I know i should post everythign up here... but if you want to check out my project check this out....

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125811

if not then go away :)

Brian will dyno it when its done ... Thanks Brian!!! Your the man :D

As soon as I get to the shop and get my Dongle for the software I will e-mail you a tune for the blower.

sounds like a pretty bad car...hows the build coming along?

Pretty good... my spec flywheel comes in tomorrow ... so i should be able to get the clutch and trans installed this weekend... i ordered a alum driveshaft as well. However that will not be in until early next week. The 255lph fuel pump should be here either today or tomorrow. Really the only left to obtain is the #42 injectors... and just waiting for the KB to be shipped.

#10 pulley so should be around 8-9psi i believe....That should keep me around 400rwhp (i hope :)) i will have the #14 pulley but i think that might be a bit much for the stock bottom end. The guy im getting off of was running the #14 pulley with race gas ... put down 460 rwhp to the wheels and blew the engine shortly after. Now he needs money for internals and a new block :)

http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/gt96-03_2v/gt99-04_2200.htm

One of the most frequently asked questions regarding the Kenne Bell 4.6 kits is "What is the difference between the kits?" and "Which kit is best for my application?" The 4.6 GT Mustang 1.7L 9 psi intercooled kit is one of the best, most successful and dominating kits ever engineered by Kenne Bell. It offers tremendous power and torque gains at any rpm - up to 186HP at 9 psi. 431HP vs 245 stock is like a 186HP shot of Nitrous any time you mash the gas. And it looks even better than OEM kits.

The single most important consideration when contemplating the 2.2L and it's 700+ potential is "Will my motor handle all this power?" Absolutely not. We've said many times that 450HP is about maximum for the 2V rods. That's why we kept the power limit at 9 psi and 431 (with 90mm Meter, CAK, 75mm Throttle Body/Big Tube Kit). Note: All HP numbers are rear wheel. Divide by .85 for engine HP. And keep in mind that an '03-'04 Cobra puts out only 360 at 9 psi. The 4.6 2V with a Kenne Bell Twin Screw is a real performer. Ask anyone who owns one. However, if your plans are to make over 450HP by adding heads, cams and/or increasing boost, forget it. Upgrade to forged rods and 8-8.5 pistons.

The 2.2L is the exact same new profile Twin Screw and inlet manifold that we use on the 700HP+ '03 Cobras. On a 4.6 with heads, cams and 8.1 compression, our test car makes 30 more HP than our comparably equipped Cobra, both at 20 psi. It'll kick out 20 psi and make 643HP with an AUTOMATIC TRANS and a rich conservative tune. Whereas the 1.7L is an "everything you need" kit, the 2.2L demands various stages of upgrades depending on your HP goals. Read our Tech Tips to see what's necessary to make 682HP @ 20 psi.

Not everyone is looking for 20 psi and 682HP with all the accompanying parts costs. If your 2.2L goal is around 530-540 with only upgraded 8.1 forged pistons and rods on good pump gas at 14-15 psi, this can be achieved without the cams, heads and headers (we've only seen 8HP from headers). Just drop in the Cobra tank and pumps with 55lb injectors and the stock fuel lines. THAT is still A LOT OF HP for the street. Enough to run 120 in the low to mid 11's. Again - a stock '03 Cobra is 360. Add the Kenne Bell 2.2L at 15 psi and it makes 560HP! Our dyno tests indicate that the 4.6 GT 2V engine with heads and cams makes 30 more HP (590HP) than the Cobra at 15 psi. That should give you an indication of the 2V potential.

Pretty good... my spec flywheel comes in tomorrow ... so i should be able to get the clutch and trans installed this weekend... i ordered a alum driveshaft as well. However that will not be in until early next week. The 255lph fuel pump should be here either today or tomorrow. Really the only left to obtain is the #42 injectors... and just waiting for the KB to be shipped.

Remember that if you are still runing a returnless fuel system you must use a variable voltage fuel pump. A regular 255 pump will be short lived (as short as a couple hundred miles) when being used with a returnless fuel system.

Remember that if you are still runing a returnless fuel system you must use a variable voltage fuel pump. A regular 255 pump will be short lived (as short as a couple hundred miles) when being used with a returnless fuel system.

I see... i may be selling it then... still researching ... but i see people getting either the svt pump or the ford gt pump. Also the 2.1L kit comes with a Boost A Pump (BAP). What have you see in your experience that works the best? with rwhp around 400.

A BAP should be just fine

Thanks Brian for pointing out the returnless fuel system with regards to the fuel pumps.... i sort of over looked it, well didn't over look just failed to complete my research... you advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Plus the BAP are way easier to install than dropping the tank... think i have about 1/4 to 1/2 tank in there now :)

• 2 weeks later...
Nice install...After you install the KB1.7 that thing will run like a raped ape...I had a buddy who had the 2.1 on a 4.6 and it was quick...what was factory injector size on the 5.4 36#? not that it matters just curious and that clutch should be sweet. I had a 03 GT and the clutch was pretty stiff but felt good, that spec2 is spot on from what I hear...

please bare with me but... why did you decide to go with a 5.4 over a 4.6? from what i have read and remember from another forum (been out of the game for a bit), the 4.6's shorter stroke vrs the 5.4's longer stroke makes the 4.6 a better choice for racing applications, and responsiveness. although the torque from the 5.4 usually is by far greater then the 4.6 could hope for. i could see it being a hell of a lot of fun on the street though. also isnt the 5.4 heavy as hell? not trying to be a ass or anything. you have a very nice build! just trying to learn a little.

after doing a little research... 7.73 @185.95 5.4

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117779.0

Edited by Spidey2721