windows 7

88lx5oh

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been running it for a bit.

Get the AIO 32/64bit "unlocker" release.

Honestly, it rocks. Faster, more stable, and does everything better thus far. It is 90% vista with everything fixed and with many improvements. If you want, I can get you a copy of the one I am using. It activates and everything ;)

Honestly, it rocks. Faster, more stable, and does everything better thus far. It is 90% vista with everything fixed and with many improvements. If you want, I can get you a copy of the one I am using. It activates and everything ;)

yes please..

Do you have a DL link for this version? ....I need to re-do my lappy.

I just burnt this to disk this morning, gonna try it on a old computer here at work and see what i think. if its good i might try it on my main computer. I was given this warning about Media Player though so maybe watch out for this:

Be careful with Media player. When you run it for the first time be sure and choose custom settings and uncheck all the boxes on the first page or it will be saving the last 10 of everything you do. "

Not good first impressions, just tried to download off of microsoft's website and the download manager opens but nothing happens. Then the browser refreshes and gives me another beta key.

But....I am on vista right now

Firefox or IE?

Their download manager wouldn't run for me in Firefox, but did just fine in IE.

what he said,

ive been running it on a virtual machine here at work and i absolutely love it. if i didn't just reformat my computer a month or 2 ago i would wipe out my machine at home and install it there.

Well, the rest of the industry disagrees with you.

who is the rest of the industry?

if it sucks so bad then why is XP and all legacy OS's no longer being supported?

vista is more secure than mac OSX. the only thing you can complain about is the fact that it is a memory hog...BUT readyboost solves that by adding an extra 4gb of RAM by plugging in a flash drive with fast memory (which most on the market have right now) 8gb sticks with fast flash are 20 dollars. readyboost is faster than standard memory anyway.

tImmy your right and wrong at the same time. VISTA KICKS ASS if you HAVE A BALLS TO THE WALLS MACHINE /thread

BTW why get a pirate version of 7 its a free download from microsoft.

i have a laptop with 2gb RAM that is more than capable of running ultimate with NO problems at all. plus readyboost it sits at 6gb RAM. even if i dont have the flash drive plugged in i can do just about anything i want to. my only complaint is my NIC is slow. not vistas fault.

i have a laptop with 2gb RAM that is more than capable of running ultimate with NO problems at all. plus readyboost it sits at 6gb RAM. even if i dont have the flash drive plugged in i can do just about anything i want to. my only complaint is my NIC is slow. not vistas fault.

actually the NIC support in vista and its file sharing sub system are to blame for that one. Again you said 2gb of ram. There is the key. 2gigs + vista your good to go. 1gb + vista = slow. Ready boost does not just add ram. It gives the OS a place to store temp files. Flash drives are not even remotely close to ram speeds. But they do have 0 seek time.

My Game Machine

quad core /4gig Vista

My Laptop

Dual Core / 2gig Windows 7

Tv PC

dual core / 1.5gig XP

My work box

8 core / 4gig OSX

And a hand ful of Vmware images in linux and a couple dedicated linux boxes

The right tool for the job.

for those of you who are saying vista sucks...you dont know how to use it. it is way better than all the previous OS's.

I assume you mean Windows OS's. Though is it better because its a resource hog ? Because it it takes up such a huge install footprint ? Or because it broke, at the time basic, hardware recognition functionality ?

I admit Vista has improved, after most of the updates its usable, for the most part. Turning off 'Aero' keeps the hardware hit a little lower, and a lot of the plug and play issues were resolved. I only use it cause my wifes laptop came with it, and she doesn't care for Linux, nor do I want to swap on a hacked XP copy when I have a legit license for Vista.

who is the rest of the industry?

if it sucks so bad then why is XP and all legacy OS's no longer being supported?

vista is more secure than mac OSX. the only thing you can complain about is the fact that it is a memory hog...BUT readyboost solves that by adding an extra 4gb of RAM by plugging in a flash drive with fast memory (which most on the market have right now) 8gb sticks with fast flash are 20 dollars. readyboost is faster than standard memory anyway.

your stoned

Readyboost does not ADD RAM!!!!!!!!!!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#

FUCK NO ITS NOT FASTER. Go do some performance tests.

Vista DOES NOT REQUIRE ME TO ENTER A PASSWORD TO EXCUTE ADMIN FUNCTIONS.

OSX Wins sorry.

UNIX > Vista.

I LOVE Vista

i haven't ran into anything i can't do on it.

however, i am always game to try something new, how's the driver support on 7?

what are the MAJOR differences that are making 7 any better than Vista, except for being built from the beginning for use with touchscreens.

I assume you mean Windows OS's. Though is it better because its a resource hog ? Because it it takes up such a huge install footprint ? Or because it broke, at the time basic, hardware recognition functionality ?

I admit Vista has improved, after most of the updates its usable, for the most part. Turning off 'Aero' keeps the hardware hit a little lower, and a lot of the plug and play issues were resolved. I only use it cause my wifes laptop came with it, and she doesn't care for Linux, nor do I want to swap on a hacked XP copy when I have a legit license for Vista.

oops yes i meant windows. i was not bashing linux or even OSX. i am speaking directly towards windows.

your stoned

Readyboost does not ADD RAM!!!!!!!!!!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#

FUCK NO ITS NOT FASTER. Go do some performance tests.

Vista DOES NOT REQUIRE ME TO ENTER A PASSWORD TO EXCUTE ADMIN FUNCTIONS.

OSX Wins sorry.

UNIX > Vista.

adding RAM may have been a bad choice of words. yes it is a cache not actual ram. but accessing cache is faster. readyboost also spinsdown disk access by accessing the cache instead and saves laptop battery.

if you are not being prompted to enter a password...then turn your UAC back on.

if you are worried that much about security...you would have made a standard user account to run at all times instead of running admin account all the time thereby prompting ou for password...OR change the policy to always prompt for approval in admin mode.