Obama had to redo the oath!!!!

Casper

They said on the news tonight that Roberts re-did it with BO tonight in private.

They also said yesterday on the news, that it wasn't that big a deal & still official

Yeah, kept it safe for seven years....

Bush is a moron? At least he could repeat the oath of office.

Sure, because I could barely lay my head on my pillow each night before he took office. Seriously? I guess if you're going to believe that, more power to you. I have some special anti-vampire holy water to sell you - guaranteed that you'll be safe from vampires. Interested?

And, if you'd read the article...

The Constitution sets out the language that should be used in the oath: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Roberts moved the word "faithfully" back nine spots, and used "to" instead of "of." That threw the president off base, and he smiled and paused to collect his thoughts, then decided to follow Roberts' lead.

But the chief justice at the same time attempted to correct himself.

Roberts repeated the oath wrong, it wasn't Obama's fault. So, you're going where with your second statement?

On Tuesday, Roberts, apparently working without a copy of the oath handy on the Capitol steps, started out by reciting a six-word phrase, but Obama broke in halfway through and repeated the first three.

Durrrrrrr........he had to break it down into 3 word bursts...... what a moron...

Sure, because I could barely lay my head on my pillow each night before he took office. Seriously? I guess if you're going to believe that, more power to you. I have some special anti-vampire holy water to sell you - guaranteed that you'll be safe from vampires. Interested?

:wtf: If you seriously believe the terrorists just decided not to attack the US anymore after 9/11 than I have some tinfoil hats to sell you that will keep the aliens from reading your mind...

Durrrrrrr........he had to break it down into 3 word bursts...... what a moron...

Even if it was Obama's fault it was screwed up (which it wasn't, but even if I grant you that)...you're going to rip on the new guy because he can't speak? Were you not around the last 8 years?

:wtf: If you seriously believe the terrorists just decided not to attack the US anymore after 9/11 than I have some tinfoil hats to sell you that will keep the aliens from reading your mind...

I don't need your hat, thanks though.

I'm not the one living in fear of something I have no control over.

Terrorists did attack the US, just not on our soil. But, besides 9/11, when were we attacked on our own soil by non-Americans? The only thing I can think of at this moment was the 1992 bombing of the world trade center (which I'm not even sure they were non-Americans). Do you really think anything Bush has done made you any safer? I've beaten the point to death that "Where there's a will, there's a way" - it doesn't matter where you live, who you are, what your religion is, what sex you are.. it doesn't matter. Unless we're all monitored 24/7 - there is no such thing as security. You can enact safeguards to make it more difficult, but if someone really wanted to blow up the local Walmart or shopping center - they could, and there's nothing anyone could do about it.

But, I'm willing to take the risk (:rolleyes:) of leaving my home every morning, because I'm not going to live "scared and worried" that something is always going to happen. That's how terrorism works - it feeds off fear and I'm not going to feed it.

I'm not willing to trade certain freedoms for some sort of pseudo-government protection. And, if you think I'm going to commend an ex-President for putting the country on lockdown and sending more soldiers to die than the 9/11 attacks themselves to fight a war based on false pretense in Iraq - you need to remove your tinfoil hat.

LOL.. and here I thought the ohio-riders political banter had ceased for at least a little while. It doesn't take much to flare back up. I think we should just get used to it. Everyone will be looking for anything they can possible come up to bash both the previous and the current prez. Even speech impediments... geez!

I have a magic rock that I was given as a child that protects me from terrorists and tigers. I have never been attacked by either, lots of mosquito bites though.

No way, I have the same thing in my house! It totally works, I've never woken up to terrorists in my house either! Or tigers!! Yahtzee!!

tami-demaree-pet-rock-534-77.jpg

Terrorists did attack the US, just not on our soil. But, besides 9/11, when were we attacked on our own soil by non-Americans? The only thing I can think of at this moment was the 1992 bombing of the world trade center (which I'm not even sure they were non-Americans).

They were from the Middle East and the 'mastermind' had even spent time in an Al-Qaeda training camp.

Do you really think anything Bush has done made you any safer?

Maybe not me personally...Ohio isn't exactly high up on the list of terrorist targets.. :rolleyes: As a whole, I really don't have a clue how safe we are because I don't work in anti-terrorism. If I had to guess, all I could say is that I feel about as safe as pre-9/11 which I think says a lot.

I've beaten the point to death that "Where there's a will, there's a way" - it doesn't matter where you live, who you are, what your religion is, what sex you are.. it doesn't matter. Unless we're all monitored 24/7 - there is no such thing as security. You can enact safeguards to make it more difficult, but if someone really wanted to blow up the local Walmart or shopping center - they could, and there's nothing anyone could do about it.

If some sick person wants to go crazy and shoot up a mall or bomb a building there is not much we can do if they are acting alone...but I think there is a bigger chance of a group of conspirators being caught these days.

But, I'm willing to take the risk (:rolleyes:) of leaving my home every morning, because I'm not going to live "scared and worried" that something is always going to happen. That's how terrorism works - it feeds off fear and I'm not going to feed it.

As Americans, most of us take it for granted that we are surrounded (in majority) by people that believe in the same ideals enough not to want to blow up local markets and government buildings on a regular basis.

I'm not willing to trade certain freedoms for some sort of pseudo-government protection.

What freedoms have you traded in since Bush took office?

And, if you think I'm going to commend an ex-President for putting the country on lockdown and sending more soldiers to die than the 9/11 attacks themselves to fight a war based on false pretense in Iraq - you need to remove your tinfoil hat.

I have no tinfoil hat and never said I thought you should commend the president. I just think your statement "Sure, because I could barely lay my head on my pillow each night before he took office." is naive.

Maybe not me personally...Ohio isn't exactly high up on the list of terrorist targets.. :rolleyes: As a whole, I really don't have a clue how safe we are because I don't work in anti-terrorism. If I had to guess, all I could say is that I feel about as safe as pre-9/11 which I think says a lot.

Says a lot, like how? I need some explanation because I don't clearly see your point - like, says a lot that you were super scared after 9/11 and the burden of fear has since left your life and returned to before the incident? Or, says a lot, like nothing has really changed in your life because it's Ohio? Or... I dunno where you're going...

If some sick person wants to go crazy and shoot up a mall or bomb a building there is not much we can do if they are acting alone...but I think there is a bigger chance of a group of conspirators being caught these days.
Still just a chance, and it's still very slim at that. A system is only as good as the people running it and I'd put dollars to donuts that a group of dedicated terrorists have a lot more passion about committing an act than the DHS or local fuzz has in stopping it.
As Americans, most of us take it for granted that we are surrounded (in majority) by people that believe in the same ideals enough not to want to blow up local markets and government buildings on a regular basis.

Even if that wasn't the case, give me liberty or give me death.

What freedoms have you traded in since Bush took office?

Warrantless wiretapping

Denial of Habeas Corpus

Torture / Violation of Geneva Conventions

TSA "random" screenings / profiling

...how many more do you want? Maybe I'm just lucky because I'm a young white guy that I don't get singled out as much as others may.

I just think your statement "Sure, because I could barely lay my head on my pillow each night before he took office." is naive.

Yea, it was a little overexaggerated sarcasm, but c'mon - do you honestly believe Bush was responsible for making the country safer? I'll refer you to page 2 and the magic rock.

And if you honestly think he did make the country safer... do you think the benefits justify the costs?

Even if it was Obama's fault it was screwed up (which it wasn't, but even if I grant you that)...you're going to rip on the new guy because he can't speak? Were you not around the last 8 years?

I am going to rip on him for every gaff possible......just want to make sure he is treated the same way Bush was.......whats the matter, don't believe in fair play?

No control? You may have no control, but our Government does. 9/11 could have been much worse...and it could have been prevented.

Maybe you should put down the "How to be a Democrat just like Daddy" and try the 9/11 Commision report.

Terrorists did attack the US, just not on our soil. But, besides 9/11, when were we attacked on our own soil by non-Americans? The only thing I can think of at this moment was the 1992 bombing of the world trade center (which I'm not even sure they were non-Americans). Do you really think anything Bush has done made you any safer? I've beaten the point to death that "Where there's a will, there's a way" - it doesn't matter where you live, who you are, what your religion is, what sex you are.. it doesn't matter. Unless we're all monitored 24/7 - there is no such thing as security. You can enact safeguards to make it more difficult, but if someone really wanted to blow up the local Walmart or shopping center - they could, and there's nothing anyone could do about it.

Terrorism feeds off stupidity.....and you are feeding it. You are unsure if the first attack was conducted by non-Americans? You are uneducated about a topic that could cost Americans their lives...but you must be an expert, because "there's nothing anyone could do about it." That is flat ridiculous.

And the USS Cole is American soil...

I'm not willing to trade certain freedoms for some sort of pseudo-government protection. And, if you think I'm going to commend an ex-President for putting the country on lockdown and sending more soldiers to die than the 9/11 attacks themselves to fight a war based on false pretense in Iraq - you need to remove your tinfoil hat.

Oh, and how critical are you of ALL the democratic leaders who supported Bush....and who called for his removal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwqh4wQPoQk

How about Clinton and Ruby Ridge and Waco....or are you in favor of denying Civil liberties only when your guy is in office?

Edited by The King