what are some thoughts/comments on 2004 dodge ram 1500 hemi

Rustlestiltskin

Deffinatley could use a tune, but depending on the price and milage you should be happy. Great trucks in the winter, and not to mention good looking too. The Hemi trucks probably average around 13-15MPG normally, so don't be shocked at first. For ease of mind, bed space, towing, and 4WD, they're a good truck.

06 Hemi here. Easily out tows my previous 5.7L GMCs and Chevys, and also much better than my previous 4.7L Ram.

I get 20.5mpg mixed. 06 and newer Hemi Rams have Dodge's version of Displacement on Demand, running on 4clys when all 8 aren't needed. I have owned 4 Rams, and I have never had front suspension issues nor the "OMG! Dodge has BAD transmissions!!!" issues that internet mechanics like to talk about.

Guest Removed

no not really...im going off the older stuff. that's what most remember.

"well hunny we got 10,000 miles on the caravan, better get the oil changed and have the trans replaced"

dodge trannies, front ends, cheap interior, dash cracking, etc, etc, etc.

buy a ford or chevy

Blah, blah. Cheap interior? Cracked dashed? Have you owned a Ram made in the last 7 years? I've owned all makes of full size trucks since 99. Wouldn't trade the Ram for anything else except maybe another V8 Toyota.