Nissan People!

Crossle

So, I have a friend that has a 1992 Nissan Maxima with a 3.0 liter VE30DE. I need to get a set of fuel injectors for it.

Does anyone know off the top of their head what else these injectors were used in? Same as the VG30DE, or the VQ30DE that are in the Infiniti J30 or I45/Newer Nissan Maxima's? I know a little about Nissan motors, I would assume VE, VG, and VQ denote different blocks and 30DE is the head.

Two of the 6 injectors have a super high impedance and either need to be refurbished or replaced. I would just assume buy a whole set of refurbished ones from injectorwhse.com. Just wondering if there is a cross somewhere, we are having trouble finding refurbished injectors for the VE motor.

Guest Removed

there is a big recall on those if i remember right , either that or the fuel rail...cant remember right now.

maybe thats why you cant find any.

ill go check alldata real quick and see

Guest Removed

those are not recalled that i can tell but here is your info

When fuel injector replacement is required, the following guidelines should be followed:

1. Injector body/harness connector color must always be the same. Injector body colors are beige, blue, brown, green, pink, purple, and red. Therefore red should always be replaced with red and green should always be replaced with green.

2. Paint dot or metal ring color must be the same when replacing one injector out of a set. Paint dot or ring colors are black, blue, gray, green, orange, red, white, and yellow. Therefore a red with blue paint dot should always be replaced with a red with blue paint dot and pink with black paint dot should always be replaced with pink with black paint dot.

3. When replacing a complete set of injectors any paint dot or ring color is acceptable, however the injector body/harness connector color must remain the same.

4. There is no difference between injectors made by different manufacturers.

The following table shows correct injector replacement

CORRECT REPLACEMENT

ORIGINAL INJECTOR REPLACEMENT INJECTOR

connector color/paint dot connector color/paint dot

Red/Blue Red/Blue

Pink/Black Pink/Black

The following table shows incorrect injector replacement

INCORRECT REPLACEMENT

ORIGINAL INJECTOR REPLACEMENT INJECTOR

connector color/paint dot connector color/paint dot

Red/Blue Red/Black

Purple/Black Red/Black

Beige/Blue Brown/Blue

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/30nissaninjector.gif

hope this helps. but i swear i remember one of the nissan 3.0's having injector issues or something like that. been a while .

Well that table explains a lot, his is red with no specified ring color/dot. It matches none of the other Maxima's harness connector, which would tell me that that injector was only used on his motor period, but it does say J30 next to it. Maybe the J30 has a VE30DE then.

That helps a ton, I'll double check alldata and ondemand. Would the recall be still in effect? I mean his car was built like 07/92 and it has almost 192K on it. Don't get me wrong the car is IMMACULATE, but I would think it's too late?

Thanks for the table, that is what I was really looking for!

I dont think they were recalled, they just suck overall ;( They are the redtop 259cc injectors in 92 i think, which means they are gonna be sidefeeds. More expensive and less reliable.. theres a reason nissan switched over to topfeeds in 95. I actually have a set of used injectors for the vg30de if you want em. I'll test em tomorrow morning, make sure the ohms read alright. Replacing injectors on the vg is a real pita btw.

If they are red tops I would be interested if you are just going to pass them along. I already have them out it was actually pretty painless, you just have to pull the intake. What is proving to be a bigger bitch is getting them out of the fuel rail, idk if you have a trick for that at all? I know you take the two screws off the little plate on top of the rail for each injector and they "press out".