bolt extraction

Twistedrx7

Well i have been trying to get a bolt off my turbos that had broken off with no luck. I dont want to use heat because i dont want to damage any of the seals. I was using a #5 kobalt extractor and it worked for a minute than lost grip, i moved up to a #6 and cant get the damn thing to budge.

Anyone want to get it out for me?

Guest Removed

not cutting it out to say, i take a small cutting tool and cut the side out, then remove the peices from the thread, and run a tap back down thru it.

that or weld that hole shut and use the one next to it.

only 2 thing that i think that can be down with that bro.

banjo bolt.

look like pipe thread.. is it the same thread as the one next to it?

I cant imagine it being that hard, with the right tools??

If not i have my old secondary turbo i could use. Just a little more shaft play in it.

The front and rear are identical. So use the one with the least shaft play. You should index it with the y-pipe before installing or it'll be a bitch when everything is just a bit off and already installed.

look like pipe thread.. is it the same thread as the one next to it?

I don't beleive the one next to it is the same, but he could not use it because the hard pipes would not line up for the return and oil system hardpipes. He would need to replumb the entire turbo set-up completely custom.

Alright, i got most of the bolt out without cutting. I just ported until i saw a tiny bit of thread and stopped. I punched the bolt in to reveal the threads and got about half of it out that way. Now i just need a M14 x 1.5 Tap. I believe that is the size of the bolt. So if anyone has one i can borrow for a few let me know.

Thanks

Guest Removed
Alright, i got most of the bolt out without cutting. I just ported until i saw a tiny bit of thread and stopped. I punched the bolt in to reveal the threads and got about half of it out that way. Now i just need a M14 x 1.5 Tap. I believe that is the size of the bolt. So if anyone has one i can borrow for a few let me know.

Thanks

thats basiclly what i was going to do.:D

make sure you clean it real good when your done