WTB: Foxbody

dover

my buddy and i are about to be selling a 1990 white vert with black top grey interior in great shape we bought the car as a shell, original 5.0 5 speed car and it came from st louis, put a brand new t5 in it with a built 306 with about 4 k in the motor and trans its carb car we have tons of recipts. and, it also has 373 gears full drag rear suspension and not sure about fron i think it had lakewood struts on it drives great, battery in trunk etc...let me know if you want more info, its mainly his car he is just lame and lost interest in the car world and has another 5.0 that is bone stock

By the way this car has gt40 heads and a good cam full exhaust etc...

Edited by Stimmel

I'll have a rust free 93 GT for sale here soon. It has some bolt ons but nothing major, mostly stock. I'll be freshing it up this winter with all new gaskets and it will be for sale in the next couple of months. I can send you some pic if you are interested.

His house is literally on the Westerville South football field parking lot, the car is parked in the lot. If you just swung by sometime he or his dad would be able to show you the car anytime in the evenings. That is off Walnut road before the library heading towards Westerville rd.

Guest Removed
you should get on autotrader if you want a really clean car and go pick it up in the southwest somewhere it'll be worth the plane ticket to stay out of the rustbelt

till you do what i did!:rolleyes:

i wanted a 68 fastback BAD. Found one on racingjunk.com and emailed the guy etc etc, got pics so on all that jazz. Now, me and a buddy load up truck trailer and all, and go clear to SC to go get this car. well i get down late, so we get a hotel and wait till morning when its light out. well i couldn't see under the car every well, so i ask to take to a muffler shop and toss it up on a rack so i can get a good look.(i just wanted a soild body to work with, minor rust is one thing but what i found was horrid) drive to said muffler shop about 15 minutes away. pay the guy to put it up on the rack and let me look it over. well the bottom of the car was rhino lined :eek: im like ok that cool but why? couldnt tell if things were weak or not.

so i go back to guys house and look it over from the inside. the floors were gone! trunk/back seat area was just as bad. aluminum siding used to fix the quarter panels and so on. I was not happy at all. I was ready to punch the guy in the face for wasting my time and money going clear down there etc.

i left the car sitting in his driveway, with the carpets pulled up and the back seat sitting on the roof! i kept wondering why someone would sell a 68 fastback so cheap($5000), well i figured it out. it was POS!

still piss's me off to this day:mad:

not saying you'll have this issue, just beware of what your buyin. dont go buy something down there and drive it back to find its a total POS.

till you do what i did!:rolleyes:

i wanted a 68 fastback BAD. Found one on racingjunk.com and emailed the guy etc etc, got pics so on all that jazz. Now, me and a buddy load up truck trailer and all, and go clear to SC to go get this car. well i get down late, so we get a hotel and wait till morning when its light out. well i couldn't see under the car every well, so i ask to take to a muffler shop and toss it up on a rack so i can get a good look.(i just wanted a soild body to work with, minor rust is one thing but what i found was horrid) drive to said muffler shop about 15 minutes away. pay the guy to put it up on the rack and let me look it over. well the bottom of the car was rhino lined :eek: im like ok that cool but why? couldnt tell if things were weak or not.

so i go back to guys house and look it over from the inside. the floors were gone! trunk/back seat area was just as bad. aluminum siding used to fix the quarter panels and so on. I was not happy at all. I was ready to punch the guy in the face for wasting my time and money going clear down there etc.

i left the car sitting in his driveway, with the carpets pulled up and the back seat sitting on the roof! i kept wondering why someone would sell a 68 fastback so cheap($5000), well i figured it out. it was POS!

still piss's me off to this day:mad:

not saying you'll have this issue, just beware of what your buyin. dont go buy something down there and drive it back to find its a total POS.

I was talking arizona, texas, so-cal places where cars don't rust much