Wisdom Teeth - Removal

theweiser1

I had 4 taken out, all were impacted. I was out of wack for most of day and slept a lot. Then the next week or two was pretty much horrific, constant pain. I couldn't eat properly for about 2 weeks once the stitches "dissolved" or whatever it is that they do.... Basically, everyone reacts differently to the procedure and the following after effects.

Exactly the same for me. The first day I slept a lot, and it really annoyed me having to pull blood-soaked cotton from my mouth then packing fresh cotton back in all the time.

The pain wasn't too bad, but my mouth felt sooo awkward for the next week or so. I could barely eat and I ended up losing like 10 pounds because it was so difficult and annoying trying to chew food.

And yes, it's true that everyone reacts differently. One of my friends is a huge pussy, and he was fine the next day. It just depends.

I got all 4 of mine taken out at one time. I was put under. I went home and slept and when I woke up I wanted to go hang out w/ friends but my mom wouldn't let me. The next day I was running around playing soccer and then went out and drank/smoked. I got dry sockets and at the dentist it SUCKED when they showed me what I had to do. But I didn't do a good job doing it myself and everything turned out ok. So basically I did everything wrong and it only sucked for about 15min.