Like they don't already rape us enough with service charges and fees

TimTaylor751647545500

Possible Ticketmaster-Live Nation merger draws boos from concert fans

Ticket fees can add up. A concertgoer who buys a ticket in person at the Honda Center box office in Anaheim for an upper-level seat to next month's Elton John/Billy Joel concert will pay the face value of $54.50.

But if the same purchase is made via Ticketmaster online or by phone, there will be an added $12.05 service charge per ticket plus a $4.05 processing fee per order, bringing the total to $70.60.

It doesn't stop there. A customer who picks up the ticket at a Ticketmaster retail location is required to pay an extra $1, and there is a $2.50 charge for printing out the ticket -- at home.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tickemaster5-2009feb05,0,1222255.story

so are there any other companies like ticketmaster out there? if not then are they not a monopoly? if thats true, government needs to stop worrying about playoffs in college footbal... and investigate this monopoly.

stubhub.com is where I go usually go get my tickets I NEVER use ticketmaster

I went to the celtics-cavs playoff game last year we bought the tickets 3 days before the game club level seats so they were the good seats it was to late to mail them out so they email me copies of the tickets to print out I'm sure ticketmaster does the same but I was really only charged taxes and like a dollar service fee