Attn: Verizon employees

RedRocket1647545505

I has a question.

My mother currently has a Palm 700p that's worked fine for her for the past 2+ years. However, she's got like $200 worth of discounts saved up that she can use and has been contemplating getting a new blackberry or the like.

Now, currently she has no data plan, and has absolutely no need for a data plan. She likes her phone, and the calendar that comes on it. That's it. Upon researching getting a new phone, she has found out that Verizon won't sell her a PDA/Blackberry/whatever w/o a data plan. I told her that's fucking stupid.

So, my question is, how can she go about getting a new phone, through Verizon, with said discounts, without subscribing to a $30/month data plan that she has no use for?

Is it do-able?

hmm for instance with t mobile...all contacts pics calender ect is all saved at t mobiles server so every time i turn my data phone on its loaded threw them not saved to the phone, i didnt know this until i bought my sister a sidekick... with out a data plan every time she turned off her phone she lost everything. not sure if this is the care with Verizon but could be a possibility.

hmm for instance with t mobile...all contacts pics calender ect is all saved at t mobiles server so every time i turn my data phone on its loaded threw them not saved to the phone, i didnt know this until i bought my sister a sidekick... with out a data plan every time she turned off her phone she lost everything. not sure if this is the care with Verizon but could be a possibility.

That's just preposterous. Wtf are memory cards for?

She's been told they went to the manditory data plan for 2 reasons:

1. Apparently verizon updates the blackberry's daily and you have to have the data plan for it to function. (smells like bullshit to me)

2. Apparently some folks were using their phone as an internet connection or something and Verizon was losing a ton of money because of it, so now they require you to buy the data plan. (again, sounds like BS to me)

Not now. Any new data phones have to have a package.

What happened was a lot of people got data phones without data plans. Then after they used thousands of dollars worth of data by accident they expected verizon to give them a credit. The people that were given credits cost the company millions, while the ones that didnt gave bad publicity and didnt pay their bills... It was a lose lose situation.

Not now. Any new data phones have to have a package.

What happened was a lot of people got data phones without data plans. Then after they used thousands of dollars worth of data by accident they expected verizon to give them a credit. The people that were given credits cost the company millions, while the ones that didnt gave bad publicity and didnt pay their bills... It was a lose lose situation.

ah. I see. Makes scents.