New rider looking for a bike.

Mike_Shepard

Okay guys I've been seriously wanting a bike but have been told that I must sell 1 toy to get another (Daytona Shelby for sale) and I've always wanted a sport bike but the reality of thing is it's not going to happen.So I've decided on a cruiser bike. I've looked around and found 2 I like A Suzuki Boulevard M50, and a Kawasaki 900 Custom. Both are about the same price and have like features.

I'm new to bikes kinda (dads been riding goldwings for 20 years) and would like to stick with honda but they just don't offer a bike that i like as well as these 2. Can you guys give me some insight on the 2 bikes I've mentioned? I don't want a loud bike I hate the way harleys sound. I've You tubed both to get a Idea of what the sound like and they both are a bit loud they are within reason on sound.

So give me some info here guys

The 1500 is identicale to the Kaw 900 custom and I do like it alot. Are there any sites other than cycletrader to find bikes

Sites off the top of my head - Craigslist, Ebay, CycleTrader, Ben's Ohio Riders, bike forums.

As far as the bikes being identical... 900 Custom is a nice, smaller, cheaper cruiser, and it shares some lines with the Mean Streaks, but that's about where the similarities end. Here is a pretty good thread -

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/60706-help-me-out-vulcan-900c-vs-mean-streak.html

Oh, and everyone has different opinions on what the first thing should be that you buy for a bike. Hands down, an aftermarket seat. I have a Corbin, and it makes a HUGE difference on longer rides.

Oh, and everyone has different opinions on what the first thing should be that you buy for a bike. Hands down, an aftermarket seat. I have a Corbin, and it makes a HUGE difference on longer rides.

Werd.

Regardless of what you buy, take the MSF course. Easiest and smartest way to get your endorsement.

I had a 1997 Honda Shadow 600 VLX.

I would recommend this bike to ANY first time rider. Hell, I had Mitch riding this thing in about an hour.

I am sure you can pick one up for < $3000 w/ ease! Also, I am with Kenny on the SV650. It is one of the "best" new rider bikes out (opinion here).

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I have a Kaw 900 and really really like it.

I started riding 1.5 years ago and purchased my bike last Feb. I rode it all summer with no problems.

I am a little bigger than average at 6'2" and 240 pounds and the 900 has plenty of power and "feels" big enough when I am riding. As opposed to my girlfriends V-Star 650. When I ride that I feel like a circus bear w/ a helmet on.

I am going to say test ride a few bikes. Even ones that really dont appeal to you that much just to get a feel for what you do and dont like.

Good luck on the bike hunting.