Shinedown - Second Chance

zeitgeist57

No.

I've seen them live four times and yes, they are absolutely horrendous. They are nearly as bad as Lamb of God, who I have seen live twice. Most American bands cannot pull off screaming vocals. Not only that, but the bass lines never blend with the drums, or even create any sort of ambiance. The lyrics usually suck as well. If you really want that type of music, look elsewhere for bands like In Flames, Soilwork, Trivium (heh, they're American), Dry Kill Logic (also American), Eluveitie, The Haunted etc. Gothenburg bands seem to have a solid grasp of this style. Most of the American hopefuls are merely generic-jammers.

If you really want that type of music, look elsewhere for bands like In Flames, Soilwork, Trivium (heh, they're American)

Considering that I came very close to hitting Matt Heafy in the face at a gig we played with them before, I think I will pass on Trivium. That kid is a dick.

I have seen Chimaira 3 times live, and I don't have a problem with them. I have not seen Lamb of God live yet, but I was hoping to. I guess there is no accounting for taste eh?

Rendition of no reason to live...i wouldnt say this is garbage there kids..id like to see you play this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuCqKj4H9Fw&feature=related

Andols Herrick himself

Just because I don't play an instrument, therefore making me ineligible to comment on the difficulty of playing, does not mean I cannot judge the fluidness and quality of the collective sound they make. I'm sure they're all talented(minus the singer), but I do not think they make good music, especially live.