Website emails temporarily disabled

Casper

aren't you paying for this software? & it still doesn't work? phpBB FTW!

:lol:

vBulletin isn't broke.......

Yahoo blacklisted my IP before it was mine. Getting it off their spam list is fucking impossible. However, I think I might actually be close. Just waiting to hear back from some people. I've been working with Yahoo jumping through their hoops for a while now. I manage the whole thing, server and software.

I have a few sites I run with phpBB. It's great for smaller boards. Hell, that's what Ohio Riders started on actually. I wrote the conversion script for phpBB3 to vBulletin that comes with their migration software now. phpBB is very prone to SQL injection attacks as well. It's just not that great of software for boards more than 300 or so members.

phpBB is very prone to SQL injection attacks as well
I know that used to be a big problem in the past, but I think they've worked a lot of that out. I've had a lot of experience with phpBB, but I will admit that I like vBulletin a lot better from an end user perspective.
I manage the whole thing, server and software.
Is this your full time job or do you do something else also?

I know that used to be a big problem in the past, but I think they've worked a lot of that out. I've had a lot of experience with phpBB, but I will admit that I like vBulletin a lot better from an end user perspective.

Is this your full time job or do you do something else also?

phpBB still has a lot of problems with security.

http://www.google.com/search?q=phpbb3+sql+injection

My official title at my full-time job is Systems Administrator, Database Environments. Essentially, I'm a DBA that manages the servers as well.

I had to add some new records to the DNS for DomainKeys and SPF. This is SLOWLY propagating to Yahoo's servers. Some members with Yahoo email addresses are already starting to get emails, however most are still be rejected. We'll see how it is in the next day or so.

I have a few sites I run with phpBB. It's great for smaller boards. Hell, that's what Ohio Riders started on actually. I wrote the conversion script for phpBB3 to vBulletin that comes with their migration software now. phpBB is very prone to SQL injection attacks as well. It's just not that great of software for boards more than 300 or so members.

phpbb is what I use for my Ohio Scooter Riders board. It was getting attacked for awhile by bots signing up for accounts and posting crap,

but installed a registration fix for that and stopped the bots cold :D

phpbb is what I use for my Ohio Scooter Riders board. It was getting attacked for awhile by bots signing up for accounts and posting crap' date='

but installed a registration fix for that and stopped the bots cold :D[/quote']

Bots are what you have to worry about. SQL injection attacks are.