Man appears free of HIV after stem cell transplant

ImUrOBGYN

crazy because the Delta32 gene is the same gene that some European's had durring the black plague. They developed symtoms but survived because of 1 copy and if you had 2 copies 1 from each parent you didn't contract the disease. 3 of every 4 people died in Europe.

This is great news. There is no reason other then money for not curing AIDS now.

rofl. i love how everyone thinks pharmaceutical companies are not busy trying to develop a cure. "its a conspiracy!!". ever wonder why the only people you ever hear talking about UFO's, and government conspiracies, etc. etc., are uneducated rednecks??

i'm not calling you a redneck, but you don't know what you're talking about.

rofl. i love how everyone thinks pharmaceutical companies are not busy trying to develop a cure. "its a conspiracy!!". ever wonder why the only people you ever hear talking about UFO's, and government conspiracies, etc. etc., are uneducated rednecks??

I'm with you on this one. I think greed is an issue with a lot of people, but if a cure existed, I do not think it could be kept suppressed easily. I'm sure there's several leads towards a cure, but finding a universal end-all to a disease is very rare, expensive to develop and endless testing and research is needed.

I wouldn't call it a conspiracy per se. I wouldn't imagine a company that makes money treating, would want to kill off a cash cow. Its within the realm of believability anyway.

I'm with you on this one. I think greed is an issue with a lot of people, but if a cure existed, I do not think it could be kept suppressed easily. I'm sure there's several leads towards a cure, but finding a universal end-all to a disease is very rare, expensive to develop and endless testing and research is needed.

people just don't understand how difficult it is to get rid of viruses. they can lay dormant in your body for years and years---think of all the viruses that have no cure

common cold---caused by a wide variety of viruses--no cure

herpes--once you have it, you can limit 'flare-ups', but it is with you for LIFE

ebv--causes mono, and almost always lays dormant in your body after that

vcv--chicken pox, stays dormant, can come back during periods of stress as shingles

you can think of the aids virus as the 'king' of all these other viruses--much more robust, and allusive. you can say what you want, believe what you want, but money is being poured into research for a cure as we speak.

\

you can think of the aids virus as the 'king' of all these other viruses--much more robust, and allusive. you can say what you want, believe what you want, but money is being poured into research for a cure as we speak.

I can believe that, but you must know that pharm companies don't exactly have a squeaky clean track record, which fuels the disdain, and theories.

I wouldn't call it a conspiracy per se. I wouldn't imagine a company that makes money treating, would want to kill off a cash cow. Its within the realm of believability anyway.

the notoriety, and money from a cure would outweigh any loss in the decreased usage of these medications. the cost for the triple cocktail is around $10k per year if i remember right.

enbrel (used to treat rhuematoid arthritis) costs around $30k per year, and there are plenty of people on that, and other expensive drugs. AIDS treatment is not a huge money maker for these companies in the grand scheme of things

unless you're in the medical field, you just don't understand the fierce competition between companies to develop new products/medications/etc.

they've got people in labs right this minute working on 1000 different projects. sure, they're goal is to make money, but they won't make shit if the physician doesn't use the product. and believe it or not, most doctors go into the field to help people--so they're not likely to use something unless it works--and drug companies don't pay physicians shit--you can't even get a fucking pen anymore. in the past, people went into medicine to make money, but with some pediatricians making less than $100k, no one goes into this field for money anymore. rick will tell you otherwise, but he also claims vaccinations are a 'money scam' by physicians/pharm companies--that's right, we've eradicated the #1 cause of childhood meningitis (among others), and its a money scheme?

they've got people in labs right this minute working on 1000 different projects. sure, they're goal is to make money, but they won't make shit if the physician doesn't use the product.

It wouldn't surprise me one iota if those people in the lab coats had bosses/shareholders that wanted to make a problem "livable", rather than get rid of it. I'm not saying I think the whole industry is evil or anything so stupid. Its not black and white though, I'm sure theres a lot of gray in there.

unless you're in the medical field, you just don't understand the fierce competition between companies to develop new products/medications/etc.

they've got people in labs right this minute working on 1000 different projects. sure, they're goal is to make money, but they won't make shit if the physician doesn't use the product. and believe it or not, most doctors go into the field to help people--so they're not likely to use something unless it works--and drug companies don't pay physicians shit--you can't even get a fucking pen anymore. in the past, people went into medicine to make money, but with some pediatricians making less than $100k, no one goes into this field for money anymore. rick will tell you otherwise, but he also claims vaccinations are a 'money scam' by physicians/pharm companies--that's right, we've eradicated the #1 cause of childhood meningitis (among others), and its a money scheme?

and you just had to throw ricks name in here just to get another E-fight to start. ahhhhhhhhh

I would like to point out that all meds that these companies make, they only own them for a few years until they have to turn over the info so they can be made generic. They pour in a billion or so to get it approved by the FDA, they only have a few years to make it back before it goes Generic, so your cash cow theory does not hold water.

You guys forget that the biggest drug dealers in the world are pharmaceutical companies. There is not money in the cure. The money is in drugs that let you "cope/live with it".

Think about it for a minute... if there was a cure for aids how much would it cost? 1 million 2 million?

As kirks5oh said 10K a year on drugs to just make your life last a few more years. 10K * 10 years is 1.2 million. What if they came up with drugs that would let you live for 50 years without dying from aids. 6 million dollars per person. Times the number of infected people = more money then just curing everyone.

This isn't a conspiracy theory this is just plain math.

As kirks5oh said 10K a year on drugs to just make your life last a few more years. 10K * 10 years is 1.2 million. What if they came up with drugs that would let you live for 50 years without dying from aids. 6 million dollars per person. Times the number of infected people = more money then just curing everyone.

This isn't a conspiracy theory this is just plain math.

Math error in bold.

rick will tell you otherwise, but he also claims vaccinations are a 'money scam' by physicians/pharm companies--that's right, we've eradicated the #1 cause of childhood meningitis (among others), and its a money scheme?

A Disease runs through cycles, it appears for say 50 years then goes away,then it may return. Just look at any of the large killers in the past. Many of the disease go away when people start living a more sanitary life. That is why i say plumbers and garbage collectors have done more to extend the life span of humans than doctors have.

The funny thing is when the polio vaccine came around the children that got the vaccine and still got sick were told they had aseptic meningitis, not polio. So the rate of aseptic meningitis rose in some states by up to 400% on the east coast. See the vaccine worked, the MD's just renamed the illness and the rate of polio decreased.

The money scam is not as much on the physicians side as it is on the Pharm side. The pharm companies make billions from vaccines every year, they just pimp the product through a bunch of guys that do what they are told. Why should the MD's question it anyhow, it is a great source of patient flow. Kind of like a pimp and whore relationship, the whore just does what she is told (guidelines) or she gets beat up (license revocation).