Cd Player Annoyance

Guest Hal

I am car audio illiterate. The Cobra used to play burnt CDs just fine but now it won't play them at all and ejects them as a bad disc. Is there anything I can do to fix the issue or is this going to be a replacement kind of deal?

Rob I don't have most of the CDs that used to work, Ill have to see if I have any. When this started last year, it would only play the middle of a cd (songs 5-9 for expample) but the more I played the CD, it would eventually play the entire thing.

The format is the same and I typically buy the same CD brands also. The whole thing has me baffled.

Guest Removed
Rob I don't have most of the CDs that used to work, Ill have to see if I have any. When this started last year, it would only play the middle of a cd (songs 5-9 for expample) but the more I played the CD, it would eventually play the entire thing.

The format is the same and I typically buy the same CD brands also. The whole thing has me baffled.

sounds like a formatting issue or a cd player issue

Hal, do you still have the mach six disc in there, or aftermarket? Mine started doing the same thing, and now the damn thing just says cd error and wont do jack shit.

It is still the Mach 6 disk. It spit out a real CD the other day, I may just end up getting the touch screen one I want sooner than I thought.

That's just a Ford radio for you. Unless, the Mach system is another brand. I can't remember off-hand. I know you aren't the only person with that problem. Their radios, especially their cd players and even more so, their multi disk cd players, are pieces of shit.

That's just a Ford radio for you. Unless, the Mach system is another brand. I can't remember off-hand. I know you aren't the only person with that problem. Their radios, especially their cd players and even more so, their multi disk cd players, are pieces of shit.

Thanks, I didn't know that they had such an issue. Oh well, the radio still works and I have XM and a 6 disc in the Envoy.

It is still the Mach 6 disk. It spit out a real CD the other day, I may just end up getting the touch screen one I want sooner than I thought.

If it rejects real cds then maybe your cd player is just dying? Get an aftermarket one and see what happens.