pushrod length

Reed44

yeah sorry its the 2.2 from a 95 cavalier, and aj they are different lenghts. I didn't run it long so hopefully it didn't do anything but I don't know yet. I had them all organized so I can't figure out how they got mix matched but I did have some one helping me and he may have missed placed one.

Guest Removed

well the cam is in the back of the block. intake is back there to. exhaust is up front..

so im thinking the exhaust side would have to be longer.i was thinking the 2.2 was the same tho.....????

seems to just make sense!

the 3.1/3.4 is the same way!

then you have some magical 2.2 because both All Data and GM SI say they are all the same length. 12 push rods with the same part number. this would also be the first one i have ever seen with different lengths of all the 2.2 head gaskets i've done like it.

Guest Removed
then you have some magical 2.2 because both All Data and GM SI say they are all the same length. 12 push rods with the same part number. this would also be the first one i have ever seen with different lengths of all the 2.2 head gaskets i've done like it.

thats what im thinking, been a minute since ive done one. been doing lots of 3.1/3.4 lately, intake that is:D

is he talking about a 2.5?:confused: instead of a 2.2!

thats what im thinking, been a minute since ive done one. been doing lots of 3.1/3.4 lately, intake that is:D

me too, i think all the 2.2 head gaskets in the world have been done or something because i never get to ride that gravy train anymore:(

Guest Removed
a 2.5L wasn't in those cars unless someone swaped it? they had a 2.2 and a 2.4 DOHC

well its not a 2.4...

maybe he had a few beer's and is working on a 3.1/3.4

you know how sundays get :cool:

Guest Removed
my all data show 85-94 had a V6 but 95+ did not.

i didnt see where he stated a year?

ok a 95. he said 2.2.

better guess yet, chain let go, and made those push rods shorter?