RB20 Powered Sonoma

Rally Pat

RB20's are such cheap old motors, too many issues with the crank collars and oiling issues, and the fact they are only a 2 liter inline 6 . I can get these motors all day long for less then what that guy bought it in NJ. If you are on a budget it would not be too bad.

People are realizing how much power the RB motors can make and take and since everyone is on the sr20det bandwagon they are very cheap, both the rb25det and rb26dett can make over 300rwhp with ease on stock turbo's with not even pushing the turbo hard.

here is another s10 on zilvia

rb25det s10

Ive been looking more into them considering how stupid cheap they are. Just waiting on my tax return to get here to pick up a Z car a guy is holding on to.

Once you decide you want to go rb give me an email, I can prolly get you into a rb25 clip for a crazy price + I get free shipping to top it off. The engines I get have warrentys, videos of the cars in japan running, and one of the clip running in the USA at the shop with leakdown test and compression test done of the engine . If you want to go rb20 or rb25 or rb26 or even rb30 just let me know.

Ive been looking more into them considering how stupid cheap they are. Just waiting on my tax return to get here to pick up a Z car a guy is holding on to.

My friend bought a rb20det clip that was bought from me last summer he took it apart, cleaned everything put in je pistons on stock bushed rods that were cryo treated. He bought used parts off of the same engine company and put together a very tuff rb20 for under a budget. He then swapped the rb20 for his l28 35r turbo z and used the same turbo on the rb20 , he did some nice head work using used tomei pro cam's and tomei type b valve springs and retainers and shims, he did a mild port job blah blah blah but now this z has come alive, the old L28 was alright but not even close to my bpu rb thats what made him change his mind. I will stand by my word on the older japanese inline 6 turbo's these engine will stand head to head to any newer v8 mod for mod.

My friend bought a rb20det clip that was bought from me last summer he took it apart, cleaned everything put in je pistons on stock bushed rods that were cryo treated. He bought used parts off of the same engine company and put together a very tuff rb20 for under a budget. He then swapped the rb20 for his l28 35r turbo z and used the same turbo on the rb20 , he did some nice head work using used tomei pro cam's and tomei type b valve springs and retainers and shims, he did a mild port job blah blah blah but now this z has come alive, the old L28 was alright but not even close to my bpu rb thats what made him change his mind. I will stand by my word on the older japanese inline 6 turbo's these engine will stand head to head to any newer v8 mod for mod.

Well, this is for track and autocross, so I probably won't slap a gigantic turbo on it with years worth of lag to wait through to make 90000hp. 350 would probably be more than enough, maybe 400.

Well, this is for track and autocross, so I probably won't slap a gigantic turbo on it with years worth of lag to wait through to make 90000hp. 350 would probably be more than enough, maybe 400.

well on the rb25 and 26 you can leave the turbos stock then. my 26 made 309 rwhp with only a fuel pump and exhaust, after i swapped everythingand put bpu mods on it prolly around 350 or more give or take. my friends rb25det kept @ 12psi and bpu mods put down 315 rwhp using the stock maf and everything. im re doing my car and someone is picking my rb26 off me and im going rb25 . My friend in the rb25 is now on a bottom mount gt30r turbo and its just like stock turbo in spool time but when it goes into boost it screams now, with a set of right cams and turbo the rb25 do really well with diff turbo set ups.

Those guys on HybridZ do all kind of crazy things.

My next project (when money and space allows it) will be a 240Z with an RB26 in it.

Yeah, I spend a lot of time in there. There is a guy building a Twin Turbo SHO powered one right now.

Yeah, I spend a lot of time in there. There is a guy building a Twin Turbo SHO powered one right now.

That's pretty cool. Here's another swap I'd love to try some day:

http://www.datsuns.com/red/index.htm

http://www.datsuns.com/projects/510-TwinTurbo/engine/5-18-04.jpg

That's pretty cool. Here's another swap I'd love to try some day:

http://www.datsuns.com/red/index.htm

http://www.datsuns.com/projects/510-TwinTurbo/engine/5-18-04.jpg

Thats a pretty cool car and i bet the 510 halls balls, but im not a big on the vg motors, I know they are capable motors I just have not been around them much. Some reason I never have been a fan of V motors, guess im just a fan of how smooth it runs and how high they rev.