back in action

AJ

i think its the 3000 that jeff ended up owning....

I bought the car back in '98 when they were still worth something lol. The funny thing is I bought it with 17k miles and today it has 21k on it. If it was only a Supra the re-sale value would have been well-worth the lack of driving.

Trust me, I have adopted a few over the years and have never even thought about keeping another one :)

Jeff

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey AJ, think we can get a torque rating from just 1 of your cylinders? I'll bet it has more than Jerry's whole car!!!:zoom:

Let's see, 396/8 = 49.5 lb.ft. I should be around 100hp/90lb.ft so no, you are wrong. My powerhouse makes about what 2 of his cylinders make, not 1. Sucker.

this year i'm running E Mod with beerman and SSM when i go to other events.

Linn, i forgot to say that i didn't want over .560 lift so i can run the stock springs. it gets expensive changing out aftermarket springs a few times a year lol. that was the whole reason for a small cam. i would like to do a FAST and a TB in the future though, that should close hp and tq wise to where you used to be.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/CamaroAJ/AJMeade02Z06.jpg

What do you attribute the radical step at 2200 rpm and the non linear dip in the torque curve from 2750ish to 3200ish?

I am wondering if the first step was the transition to WOT but the second looks almost as if you have some sort of variable timing or TB throttle control event going on in that region.... Do you have timing and throttle outputs that coincide? Is that the only pull?

this year i'm running E Mod with beerman and SSM when i go to other events.

Linn, i forgot to say that i didn't want over .560 lift so i can run the stock springs. it gets expensive changing out aftermarket springs a few times a year lol. that was the whole reason for a small cam. i would like to do a FAST and a TB in the future though, that should close hp and tq wise to where you used to be.

Speaking of the Beerman, I just talked to him today and he's excited about this year as he plans on being out a lot more and retaking the Novice chief position though I don't know if he's aware your joining him. He'll love it for sure.

Speaking of the Beerman, I just talked to him today and he's excited about this year as he plans on being out a lot more and retaking the Novice chief position though I don't know if he's aware your joining him. He'll love it for sure.

he called and asked me if i want to run with them so there were more cars in the class.

What do you attribute the radical step at 2200 rpm and the non linear dip in the torque curve from 2750ish to 3200ish?

I am wondering if the first step was the transition to WOT but the second looks almost as if you have some sort of variable timing or TB throttle control event going on in that region.... Do you have timing and throttle outputs that coincide? Is that the only pull?

Im am also interested.

could my car fit in this class?

i guess so, my car doesn't fit in that class since it weighs so much. the class has a min weight of 1800lbs if that tells you anything about the cars that run it lol.

Because the clutch is not very healthy and we were rolling into the throttle slightly, you can prove this with TPS logs.

Next theory. ;)

Because the clutch is not very healthy

thats kinda odd since there were no signs of slip when i had it apart and it doesn't feel like its slipping on the street. and the C6Z is rated at 470 ft. lbs. of torque. i guess if you factor a 20% driveline loss then that puts me over 470 crank.

looks like i may have to save some moneys up and get another clutch:( brandon what is there in line with a stock LS2 flywheel? i deffently don't want one of those junk centerforce clutches, i hate the way anthony and garetts feel.

thats kinda odd since there were no signs of slip when i had it apart and it doesn't feel like its slipping on the street. and the C6Z is rated at 470 ft. lbs. of torque. i guess if you factor a 20% driveline loss then that puts me over 470 crank.

looks like i may have to save some moneys up and get another clutch:( brandon what is there in line with a stock LS2 flywheel? i deffently don't want one of those junk centerforce clutches, i hate the way anthony and garetts feel.

So, no one told you about this "bad" clutch when you left the shop?