WTT - Alcohol / Beer

KillJoy

My Beer of the Month arrived today. I do not like 2 of the types of the beers.

1. Atwater Pilsner

Atwater Pilsner

The world’s most popular style of beer is Pilsner, and it is sorely underrepresented in the world of microbrewed beers. Atwater’s version gives you an idea of what ‘mainstream’ beer used to be like in the U.S. prior to prohibition: flavorful! On the nose, expect grassy, floral, herbal hops—so characteristic of the Tettnang varietal used in this beer—along with clean, fresh malt and grain notes. On the palate, look for crisp, lightly sweet malt notes, with minor hints of fruit (think green grapes), offset by grassier malt notes. Finishes clean with a firm hoppy bitterness. Overall, it hits the mark, being both well-crafted and very easy drinking with a crisp, bitter bite—what true Pilsner beer should be. Another hallmark of this beer style is its food-friendliness; this beer will work with just about anything you can throw at it, from fried chicken to filet mignon.

Serving Temperature: 40-45° F

Int'l Bittering Units: 31

Alcohol by Volume: 4.7%

Suggested Glassware: Pilsner Glass or Pint Glass

Malts: Pilsner

Hops: Tettnang

2. Lakefront White Beer

Lakefront White Beer

http://www.beermonthclub.com/images/Lakefront-BC-White-72dpi.jpg2003 was a great year for LBC: they took home no fewer than 5 medals from the World Beer Championship, including a Silver for this one. Expect yeasty aromas with style-standard cloves, coriander, and orange. Goes down with a hearty graininess and hoppy bitterness rather than the sour, tart quality often associated with this style. The tartness is there, but it plays second fiddle to the grainy astringency and hop bitterness. We liked this unique trait because it gives this wit some girth and makes it bolder than many traditional styles, making a nice “winter wit” out of a style often served in hot weather. The bitterness fades over a nice arc where all flavors converge, leaving orange peel and coriander spice to linger in the finish. The brewery recommends pairing with Belgian moules frites (steamed, buttered mussels and French fries) or charcuterie.

Serving Temperature: 45-50° F

Int'l Bittering Units: 9.5

Alcohol by Volume: 4.3%

Suggested Glassware: Pint Glass or Mug (clear)

Malts: 2-Row Pale, Pale Wheat, Wheat Flakes, Oat Flakes

Hops: Glacier, Sterling

There are 2 Bottles of each. These are $3 per bottle through the BOTM Club.

I would like to trade for an equally valued yummy beer / alcohol. I would even trade these 4 Bottles for 1 Filled Grouler of Pale Ale from Barley's :D

Lemme know if anyone is interested.

KillJoy

PS - And YES, you must be 21 to trade. You will be carded if I do not know you. :rolleyes:

So they have cigar of the month club, and beer of the month club now? Are the 2 related?

You left out:

International Wine of the Month

Gourmet Cheese of the Month

Gourmet Chocolate of the Month

and the Cut Flower of the Month

:rolleyes:

KillJoy