Solve This One: 99 Cobra

WideOpenThrottle

I have a 99 Cobra that is having issues with running.

Fuel is getting to the rails

Injectors have power and ground on all cylinders

Every cylinder has spark

Has 94 octane running through

It will run if you spray gas through the intake and will stay running for as long as you spray it.

I'm at a loss here and am desperate for an answer to my puzzle! Thanks

Guest Removed

fuel pressure?

and how do you have power and ground at all injectors? they have battery voltage going to them all the time, and the ecu controls the ground side. it only gets grounded when its fired.

It sounds like a vacumme leak to me, but im not sure if thats possible on your car. All i know is turbo motors, and i had that exact same issue. As long as i was spraying gas or starter fluid it would run, But it would not idle for shit untill i found the little hose i left off.:D

What is the pressure at the rails? What is done to the fuel system? What does the car do when you try to turn it over without spraying gas?

What is the pressure at the rails? Unknown at the moment I will get a exact number tomorrow

What is done to the fuel system? Stock fuel system pump injectors, and rails

What does the car do when you try to turn it over without spraying gas? It turns over quickly and sounds like its going to start but does not.

fuel pressure?

and how do you have power and ground at all injectors? they have battery voltage going to them all the time, and the ecu controls the ground side. it only gets grounded when its fired.

I checked the grounds on each as a friend turned it over. They do have power full time though.