Price this car for me please.

nurkvinny

The only thing that worried me at all was the stock block. But, the numbers you guys are throwing out are way above what I have in the Chevelle.

the stock block gets iffy at 500rwhp at 400 its fine also another thing to consider is I bought mine when the economy was good but it should still bring good money.

Guest Removed
The only thing that worried me at all was the stock block. But, the numbers you guys are throwing out are way above what I have in the Chevelle.

what do you have in it? and if he will do a even trade..just do it

could always do some tradin with it and get something else and cash

I would only do it if you were interested in parting that car out or keeping it.

I would not plan on being able to sell it for anything.

My car was a 90 5 spd factory v8 coupe and arguably cleaner than that one with very similar mods less suspension, that one doesn't list a cam or what MAF it has but I see it still has the FMU and 38? lb injectors??? I had a cam, LMAF, 42lb injectors and SCT tune and custom powerpipe by LaSota. I am glad to see it has a bypass valve. I only ran 5.7 psi and made 365 rwhp 362 rwftlbs- (reliable limits of the stock block are 400 rwhp and 6000 rpm) at 12 lbs (with a pulley swap) that would have put me at 420 rwhp or so maybe a tad more. His power seems about right but the trap speed seems awful high for that kind of power and a heavy full interior vert. Does he have dynosheets/timeslips/compression test? Mine trapped about 114 at a race weight of 3150 lbs with me in it.

I sold mine after 8 months of begging/pleading/haggling for 8300.00 last July (I started at 14K which was high I admit but I had about twice that in it considering the price of the car). I was hesitant to sell it for that but the wife told me to dump it and get the vette and I am glad I did. Here is a page I made for it back when I had it...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2697057

So in answer to your question around 8-8500 if you are willing to wait for it or less especially as the economy has worsened since July 08. Probably 5-6 grand for a quick sale. And remember usually if you cage it you keep it which is why I never caged mine and never really pushed to go beyond low 12s. I drove that car near daily for 4 years! I would like another coupe someday but I was ready for a change. I have not looked back.

I understand the economy's affect on toy car prices. Two years ago, I would have been asking a shit ton more for the '65. I'm not attached to the Chevelle yet, and I wouldn't mind a Mustang for the Summer. Although, I don't like white, and I don't like verts.

:)

I understand the economy's affect on toy car prices. Two years ago, I would have been asking a shit ton more for the '65. I'm not attached to the Chevelle yet, and I wouldn't mind a Mustang for the Summer. Although, I don't like white, and I don't like verts.

:)

My only 2 probs with it

Yes, yes I did. :cool:

So in the end, basically it'd be like trading a 4k car for a 10k car. Very nice :cool:

Even if you don't plan on keeping the Mustang, it makes sense. Financially it would be a very profitable move, and in the end you come out looking like a genius. Even if you can't get 10k for the stang it still seems to be worth a lot more than the Chevelle.

So in the end, basically it'd be like trading a 4k car for a 10k car. Very nice :cool:

Only if I paid 4k for the Z28. ;)

I should have clarified in the original post... I wasn't trying to decide whether or not I would trade, only asking what the Mustang is worth.