Gauge hookup on 99+ mustangs

Mattsn2o281

So i've been working on getting the stang up and running for spring time, and i need to get around to hooking up my water temp and fuel pressure gauges. Just curious if anyone on here has done either of these, because i can't figure out where to tap into the fuel system, and wanted to check where you guys put the temp probe before i start drilling and tapping shit.

Also, for a tach adapter, i just need to tie into the signal for #1 coil right? just double checking.

Matt

Guest Removed
So i've been working on getting the stang up and running for spring time, and i need to get around to hooking up my water temp and fuel pressure gauges. Just curious if anyone on here has done either of these, because i can't figure out where to tap into the fuel system, and wanted to check where you guys put the temp probe before i start drilling and tapping shit.

Also, for a tach adapter, i just need to tie into the signal for #1 coil right? just double checking.

Matt

dont tap the coil...you will need a tach adapter to hook that up.

if your intake has a aluminum cross over, just drill and tap it right there in the middle or over by the t stat housing.

fuel pressure i always use the shrader vallve off the fuel rail

Guest Removed
I've got whatever came with the gauge, sportcomp electriconic. i heard you can get an adapter, any idea on where to tie in?

and cool, thanks for the help man.

mech or electric will will need one of these http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/761235/10002/-1 now you understand ?

on the later ford, they had a fuel pressure sensor on the rail(should be on the passenger side rear rail), cause the fuel pump is pulse width modulated by the ecu to control fuel pressure on the returnless system.

but yet still it should have a shrader valve on it

Most fuel pressure gauges I have seen for these cars have a schrader valve adapter.

I would suggest tapping into the thermostat housing, it is large enough you can get a sensor in there. Just be careful about the mounting. You can also tap into the crossover although I wouldn't really suggest that due to the material thickness.

I haven't done a tach adapter personally so I would suggest checking a Mustang forum for a writeup.

Gotcha rob, i found it, its just under a bunch of shit. and thanks for the link.

Hal, thanks, i think thats what ill do.

On the tach, i just decided to stick with my old msd shift light. i kept trying to find a decent place to mount it and i dont like how it sits anywhere. so yea, problems solved, thanks for the help.

are you keeping your ford computer on your car??? i love my aeroforce guages. look them up on svtperformance.com

$400 for both guages. they plug into the stock computer port, and each guage can display 2 functions for a total of 4. they have a built in shift light. you can measure at least 20-30 parameters that the computer monitors. oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, inlet air temps, vaccuum, voltage, fuel pump duty cycle, engine load, rpms, mph, mpg, and a shitload more. each guage also has analog inputs--i have a wideband hooked up to mine, and a 3 bar MAP sensor to measure boost up to 30psi. these are the best guages i've ever seen, but if you're not running the stock computer forget about it