Flywheel resurfacing/clutch job on 1g DSM AWD

Veritas

I'm replacing the clutch on my car this weekend, and i'm hoping that I can find a machine shop that will be open so I can get my flywheel resurfaced. I was going to go to columbus col weld today, but they close at 4 and I haven't got the tranni off the car yet - just the axel on the passenger side off.

Does anyone out there happen to know of a place that's open during the weekend that I could get this done at? And secondly, is there anyone who's familiar with doing a clutch replacement on a 1g dsm awd car that wouldn't mind lending a hand or pointing me in the right direction while doing it? I'd have paid someone else to do it but funds are low right now; plus I need to learn how to do it myself anyhow.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks everyone.

Guest Removed
check the flywheel with a straithedge and a feeler guage if its not uneven you don't need to surface it

neither of which he has. and with what he's throwing at it, he is better off. i found him a spare flywheel he could have done.

Yes, Rob is the g.d. man. Had it not been for his timely intervention with a couple well placed phone calls, and some tool running I wouldn't of got the shit done.

Thanks a ton man.

BTW got the shit in. That bitch. Plus I get to do it again in a couple months... sigh.

Guest Removed
Yes, Rob is the g.d. man. Had it not been for his timely intervention with a couple well placed phone calls, and some tool running I wouldn't of got the shit done.

Thanks a ton man.

BTW got the shit in. That bitch. Plus I get to do it again in a couple months... sigh.

just make sure you bring back my tools :D

Veritas.. good to see you on here again. Hope all is going well :)

It is now that my clutch is on. Thanks for the warm welcome man ;D slowls1huh... a lot of people have switched up cars since the last time I was "regular" here.

Gear, yeah ill be bringing them back either later today or tomorrow, i've got a shit ton of homework to do in my organizational ethics class - by wednesday.