Anyone have an eMachine?

Sully

I know it's an odd request for an old ass pos pc, but figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm looking for an eMachines T2542 that is in working condition. Anyone have one they'd be willing to part with? If so, how much?

TIA!

I have a pc here at work that has an EXTREMELY important application on the hdd. The pc died. From what I've read, with these crap pc's, generally when the power supply goes, it takes the mobo with it, and that's what happened. Now I need a pc just like it so that I can get this application up and running again.

I have a pc here at work that has an EXTREMELY important application on the hdd. The pc died. From what I've read, with these crap pc's, generally when the power supply goes, it takes the mobo with it, and that's what happened. Now I need a pc just like it so that I can get this application up and running again.

So you need to restore data from the hard drive? You can buy a cheap $20 hard drive to USB device and hook it up to a working computer. Then you can copy the data over to the working computer.

Is this what you have in mind?

I understand I'm wanting to buy something, but more people see this area than the sale section. Plus, I figured if anyone might have some advice about how I can transplant the hdd into another machine without effing XP up, then that would be great.

So you need to restore data from the hard drive? You can buy a cheap $20 hard drive to USB device and hook it up to a working computer. Then you can copy the data over to the working computer.

Is this what you have in mind?

It's not just data, it's an application that I need to run. If data was all I was concerned about, I know how to do that.

It's an application that we use to make employee badges and grant access to certain areas of the building. We have a big wig from corp coming out on Monday, and for some reason, this has all of a sudden became a major issue. The pc has been down for a month or so. :rolleyes:

It's not just data, it's an application that I need to run. If data was all I was concerned about, I know how to do that.

It's an application that we use to make employee badges and grant access to certain areas of the building. We have a big wig from corp coming out on Monday, and for some reason, this has all of a sudden became a major issue. The pc has been down for a month or so. :rolleyes:

Well your only choice then is to buy the same exact PC. Good luck with that.

You put a mission critical application on a cheapo eMachines PC, and you don't have a backup?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3040/2890032093_b397a8995f_o.jpg

I didn't do it. I know better than that. It was on that pc long before I started working here.

I have an emachine that quit booting a few weeks ago so I bough a new CPU. You are welcome to have it if you want to try to piece it together and make one machine work. I will check the model # tomorrow.

I have a emachine down stairs some where, ill check the model number when im back home and let you know what it is.

I have an emachine that quit booting a few weeks ago so I bough a new CPU. You are welcome to have it if you want to try to piece it together and make one machine work. I will check the model # tomorrow.

Did either of you get a chance to check the model #'s?

From what I found that computer uses a standard ATX power supply. Any 300+watt ATX 20+4 pin power supply should do.

I don't recall eMachines every using non-standard pinouts (Like Dell did once), but the housings were hardly ever standard. You could plug an industry-standard PSU into an eMachines mobo, but you couldn't mount it in the case.

From what I found that computer uses a standard ATX power supply. Any 300+watt ATX 20+4 pin power supply should do.

It's not JUST a power supply issue. From what I've read, the power supply did go, but it also took the mo bo with it.