verizon people?

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112
my gf has verizon internet with the usb modem...is there any way it can be used on 2 comps at once? her mom and her would be in the same house with just one usb device...how would this work?

I have verizon card and there is now way you can run 2 seperate computers and this comes straight from Verizon.

I also have a friend that has some freakishly large laptop that is supposed to supercomputer. He told me we could use his computer since it was so great as a router but after at least an hour of him trying I made him me my card back.

This what I know...

my gf has verizon internet with the usb modem...is there any way it can be used on 2 comps at once? her mom and her would be in the same house with just one usb device...how would this work?

Its going to be a pain in the ass. But it can be done

Guest tbutera2112
setup her machine with NAT32 or do a Proxy server with it... then it can be shared out to the other machines as long as they are both connected to the same network.

i dont speak computers....

Guest Removed
if you have a cable coming from the modumm, i have a majic box, that you can plug on that wire into , and then run 4 pc's off of that. is that what your wanting to do.

Guest tbutera2112

yea rob its just a tiny thing that plugs into the comp..no wires anywhere, its satellite

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FYV4rqoqL._SS350_.jpg

Right click on the connection, choose internet connection sharing, follow steps to set up, then use a crossover to connect the two machines together.

used it all the time with my 360 to get around buying the wireless adapter.

They make routers just for those. they are at microcenter and bestbuy i belive.

just lug the card in the top and follow instrctions.

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/usb_modems.htm

http://askville.amazon.com/connect-usb-modem-router-exsist-functionality/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=4010300

here are a few links that may help explain it better

Sorry. They confuse me to..lol

All i know is that i have had people ask me before, and they have returned to my store with successful stories of being able to do this. I assure you that most are not as smart as the majority of the people on these boards when it comes to technology..lol