Moar throwback

kenny

That was a new combo as far as setup... I normally ran it on 275/50 BFG Drag Radials and it would 60' bottom 1.6s at Norwalk (IIRC best was 1.602), on the Quick Time Pros it only went a 1.65 best and most of them during the day were in the 1.7s.

Also, the chip in the car was a new one, it didn't have enough timing so even though I had the boost set higher than normal it made less power.

The best the car went on the normal setup was a 11.79@114 IIRC? That's 21psi, pump gas, 275/50 BFGs.

That was a new combo as far as setup... I normally ran it on 275/50 BFG Drag Radials and it would 60' bottom 1.6s at Norwalk (IIRC best was 1.602), on the Quick Time Pros it only went a 1.65 best and most of them during the day were in the 1.7s.

Also, the chip in the car was a new one, it didn't have enough timing so even though I had the boost set higher than normal it made less power.

The best the car went on the normal setup was a 11.79@114 IIRC? That's 21psi, pump gas, 275/50 BFGs.

damn, thats quick for what little was done to it.

damn, thats quick for what little was done to it.

Just a turbo, converter, fuel system and intercooler.

The El Camino will have the same basic setup, with a better turbo and stock converter. Should cover that.

The car I bought after that car was stolen did pretty well for just bolt ons too... 440whp, 500ft lbs, 11.20@122 all day every day on 22psi at MCIR. Made one pass at Trails, went a bit faster than that and got the boot. That car 60'd a best of 1.47 on a 28x9 ET Drag... bone stock suspension including stock trailing arms. Only thing done suspension wise was the front swaybar was removed and it had an air bag in the right coil.