Windows 7 build 7057

JaSSon

They don't make Vista drivers for my mobo..

this is not an answer, but read through the whole thing as it seems like a couple people have found that they can run vista on this platform (as long as you dont have RAID if i read correctly...). take a look as it may offer some answers or point you in the right direction.

this is not an answer, but read through the whole thing as it seems like a couple people have found that they can run vista on this platform (as long as you dont have RAID if i read correctly...). take a look as it may offer some answers or point you in the right direction.

I'm well aware of this.

I was able to install and run 7 on my machine, but with major driver problems.. most common is the sound driver incompatability since the structure from the nForce to Vista is quite different. I was able to get around that, but also I was dealing with some terrible Ethernet driver problems that wasn't worth my time dealing with.

It's easier to just upgrade hardware than make a Beta work on my out-dated machine.

wow, I've been having trouble with vista on my wife's laptop for months. Nothing but errors and terrible lagging, it would hang for up to 30 mins on some stuff. I had virus scans, removed everything, reinstalled, formatted, everything!

Windows 7 installed in about 20 minutes, updated and installed some necessaries in another 15 and now its running perfect, all drivers working and working fast.

This thing rocks, it even got the tablet touchscreen stuff working on the first boot

wow, I've been having trouble with vista on my wife's laptop for months. Nothing but errors and terrible lagging, it would hang for up to 30 mins on some stuff. I had virus scans, removed everything, reinstalled, formatted, everything!

Windows 7 installed in about 20 minutes, updated and installed some necessaries in another 15 and now its running perfect, all drivers working and working fast.

This thing rocks, it even got the tablet touchscreen stuff working on the first boot

7 is like a lite version of Vista, which is why I wanted to run it.. not a huge memory hog.