Mod motors

crewsy49

I was just wonderng if there is any shops in the Columbus area that are good at building Mod motors...I have an '02 L that needs a rebuild.

It really depends on what's going on with it.

I would strongly suggest going with a new shortblock (or long depensing on damage). Tousley Ford can get you awesome prices on stock stuff. MMR would be best IMO for aftermarket.

Complete rebuild...Forged bottom end, upgraded heads basically everything...I have already purchased new headers, a new blower, different intake that hasn't arrived yet...I also planning on running a meth kit (AIS) based in Columbus....I also have a 2600-2800 converter already purchased...Trying to build a beast...I also already have a set of Livernois grind cams for the engine. Edited by crewsy49
more info

Complete rebuild...Forged bottom end, upgraded heads basically everything...I have already purchased new headers, a new blower, different intake that hasn't arrived yet...I also planning on running a meth kit (AIS) based in Columbus....I also have a 2600-2800 converter already purchased...Trying to build a beast...I also already have a set of Livernois grind cams for the engine.

Is there any damage at this point, or do you just want to do a build?

What do you want to do for heads?

Guest Removed
Complete rebuild...Forged bottom end, upgraded heads basically everything...I have already purchased new headers, a new blower, different intake that hasn't arrived yet...I also planning on running a meth kit (AIS) based in Columbus....I also have a 2600-2800 converter already purchased...Trying to build a beast...I also already have a set of Livernois grind cams for the engine.

so are you looking for someone to put it together?:confused:

Guest Removed

how soon you looking to have it done? i have 3 other engines sitting here at the moment.

but if the block hasnt been bored yet, where is the machine work getting done? or is the block ready for assembly

I think the block is ready to assemble...It has been sitting at a local shop for 10 months, whose name I won't mention...I have totally paid for the build and all I get is excuses of why it isn't done...I don't know what kind of mess I am going to get into with the other shop, but 10 months has finally tried my patience to the end...I would like to get it to someone that really wants to build the engine and not give me excuses of why it isn't done yet...I have been lied to for the last time by this shop.

+1 on the details of the build. Let me know exactly what you need: machine work, head assembly, etc...

Edit: I saw the above post you just made. I will look and see what can be done. Are you planning on installing the engine/blower yourself or would you like to have that done alos?

Guest Removed

thats all said and good, but hopefully they did the machine work correctly. and if the bil is paid, i dont see why they dont have it together.

if you have everything, im more then willing and capable to assemble it for you.

That is what I wonder everyday...The parts are there, the machine work is done, except for port matching the lower to the heads...It is beyond me...Could you PM me your contact info? Edited by crewsy49
more info

Guest Removed
That is what I wonder everyday...The parts are there, the machine work is done, except for port matching the lower to the heads...It is beyond me...Could you PM me your contact info?

why not buy cnc heads? i think y2k2gt has a set for sale..

port matching the lower means they would need the intake gaskets..

all of that which i can do as well.(port matching that is)

Roger on not reusing them...I still don't know why he won't assemble my motor...Everything is there but the heads that are supposed to be at the machine shop getting the exhaust side ported some more...That and the lower that hasn't been ported...He has all the gaskets, studs, pistons, rods, and everything else to finish the job.

Guest Removed
Roger on not reusing them...I still don't know why he won't assemble my motor...Everything is there but the heads that are supposed to be at the machine shop getting the exhaust side ported some more...That and the lower that hasn't been ported...He has all the gaskets, studs, pistons, rods, and everything else to finish the job.

well then i would say either he gets on the ball you take it somewhere else.

id be more then happy to finish it properly for you...but yet the bill is paid and everything is at the merisy of the other shop at this point..GL