Changing Oil in Supercharger

ForeverMaker

I have an Eaton M62 supercharger and I cannot find a straight answer on if I should replace the oil in it. And, if so, when?

The GM manual says it is a closed system that never needs servicing. Yet they go on to explain how to change it, which isn't hard.

Eaton recommends 100,000 miles, while other people are saying 20k, 40k, etc.

Any thoughts on this? Should I just not worry about it or should it become something I do regularly?

You're right, according to GM and most dealerships, you don't need to change it.

I've heard everything from 20k miles to 100k miles to never. Personally I wouldn't worry about it too much, but it wouldn't hurt to just change it once every few years or so. The stuff is cheap and easy to change, it just smells like pure ass.

Guest Removed

and thats what sucks. shit smells like monkey butt.

its a mineral base'd oil..

i suggest every 30k.

But they say 100k..wonder why the nose bearings fail...IMO

At least with the M112 guys they changed theirs every 20-30k if the upper pulley was changed for smaller or a lower change. Spinning the blower harder creates more heat bla bla bla.

Gearhead, most bearing failure I have seen was from mis-installed upper pulleys. Them beating the old one off and new one on kills those bearings.

Guest Removed
At least with the M112 guys they changed theirs every 20-30k if the upper pulley was changed for smaller or a lower change. Spinning the blower harder creates more heat bla bla bla.

Gearhead, most bearing failure I have seen was from mis-installed upper pulleys. Them beating the old one off and new one on kills those bearings.

ive seen enough stock gtp ones where the nose bearing is the loudest thing ever.full of fail and sitting around 80-100k on them

ive seen enough stock gtp ones where the nose bearing is the loudest thing ever.full of fail and sitting around 80-100k on them

Maybe a design flaw between the two, who knows. I do know the M112's biggest issue is the plastic nose cone connector that usually breaks.

Guest tbutera2112
wouldnt hurt...just get the correct fluid

what do i need? and where would i look up how much it takes? ive got the owners manuals and stuff out in truck, would it be in there?

Guest Removed
Mobil 1 synthetic fluid

Copied from Whipple...

WARNING: Severe damage will occur if over-filled. Check level every 4000 miles and only use 5W-50 synthetic engine oil.

Guest tbutera2112
Copied from Whipple...

WARNING: Severe damage will occur if over-filled. Check level every 4000 miles and only use 5W-50 synthetic engine oil.

i dont have a whipple....damn i wish i did though!...ill check my manual when i remember and im sitting in the truck