Sunday's Dyno Results

tristanlee85

And that matches perfectly with what I said. 450bhp with 4 injectors is around 66lb/hr with 80% duty cycle. 66lb/hr * 1.46 (E85 consumption increase) = 96lb/hr, or 1000 for 450bhp. Assuming 15% drivetrain loss, that's close to 400whp.

As for you, 700whp = ~102lb/hr. Multiple that by 1.46 and you get ~150lb/hr, or 1575cc for E85.

So yes, you need 1600's for 700 and I need 1000's for 400.

But your considering at 80% Duty Cycle, and unknown (to your calculations) fuel pressure.

When I see 80% Duty cycle, I turn the boost up.:cool:

Alright, my fuel pressure is 43.5psi. Doesn't change anything for me. Maybe for you though. 80% DC is a safe limit. Sure you can go above 80%. I have on my old setup with 440's gone up to and above 90%. It's not something I want to risk with what I have put into this engine.

Alright, my fuel pressure is 43.5psi. Doesn't change anything for me. Maybe for you though. 80% DC is a safe limit. Sure you can go above 80%. I have on my old setup with 440's gone up to and above 90%. It's not something I want to risk with what I have put into this engine.

Shit-I have seen 106% spikes when I needed "all of it" for big money races on the smaller turbo in the Colt (circa 500+whp). 850cc injecotrs-turn it up and pray.. If you get close, bump the pressure up.

And to think I never melted down a motor. :bangbang:

That is why you are still the craziest rican I've ever come to know and love.

You know it!

Answer you phone!

By spikes I'm assuming you mean calculation in the tuning software? Anything above 100% DC isn't possible, though software can calculate it as such. With that being said, I have had spikes up to 117%. That was due to a stock fuel pump when I needed a Walbro.