Sean Gall's 2003 Mustang Cobra Dyno Tune

DTM Brian

2003 Mustang Cobra

Stock Catted H Pipe

3" Mac Cat Back Exhaust

High Flow Air Filter

Blue Lines= DynoTune and Billetflow Pulley system with 2.93" blower pulley

Red Lines= Stock ECM tune with Mac Catback and 3.5" pulley

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Dyno%20Graphs/Sean%20Gall.jpg

Edited by Mobile Chassis Dyno

Ok so let me get this straight he made 470 with just a catback 2.93 upper only, and a filter? If so thats crazy impressive. And BTW- He wouldnt need a 2.8 to beat Anthony. He needs more than he has now but a 2.8 would be over kill. lol. Sorry Anthony I had to say it.

He can line them it with me and find out. The pig weight of the Cobra plus the IRS = power means nothing.

There is Ported Eaton cobras out there full weight with the IRS running what you are......The IRS isnt that bad IMO. Its great for the street.

There is Ported Eaton cobras out there full weight with the IRS running what you are......The IRS isnt that bad IMO. Its great for the street.

I believe 10.90's has been done by a few individuals with ported eatons and IRS. However this is done under ideal conditions and near sea level.

Ok so let me get this straight he made 470 with just a catback 2.93 upper only, and a filter?

You are correct. With a tune of course.

I am sure we could get Mr. Gall to post pics of his car if need be.

You then can see how dirty his air filter is. :)

Ok so let me get this straight he made 470 with just a catback 2.93 upper only, and a filter?

You are correct. With a tune of course.

I am sure we could get Mr. Gall to post pics of his car if need be.

You then can see how dirty his air filter is. :)

I am about to put my car on your dyno to see what it says before my Port since people dont beleive what my car makes.

I am about to put my car on your dyno to see what it says before my Port since people dont beleive what my car makes.

Your car made 465 rwhp correct? I assume this was on IPS's dyno which is a Dyno Jet

Your car made 465 rwhp correct? I assume this was on IPS's dyno which is a Dyno Jet

No it wasnt on IPS dyno and never will be. Nothing against them. Thats just what the previous owner told me....I think it makes that, other people say more.

No it wasnt on IPS dyno and never will be. Nothing against them. Thats just what the previous owner told me....I think it makes that, other people say more.

Gotcha.

Was not trying to stir the pot. I was guessing based on power number posted in a video of your car. My guess was you may have had it on another dyno jet dyno and the only one I am aware of at this time is IPS.

All is good. :)

He can line them it with me and find out. The pig weight of the Cobra plus the IRS = power means nothing.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1080-Pass-with-Ported_142731.htm

Very impressive for being on 17's. And thats just a simple Stage 4 Port.

Full weight NON-PORTED car.

Gotcha.

Was not trying to stir the pot. I was guessing based on power number posted in a video of your car. My guess was you may have had it on another dyno jet dyno and the only one I am aware of at this time is IPS.

All is good. :)

Oh ok. I gotcha. the previous owner said it dynoed a bit more than 465rwhp the first pull but he richened it up to be safe...I think he went way to rich!!!!!!! Like retarded rich the car reaks of fuel almost all the time and gets terrible MPG. He said there was 15-20rwhp left in the tune so I dont know what to believe nor do I really care as long as the car performs...although better MPG would be very nice.

Oh boy, where to start:

First off, thanks to Brian, who took me in on short notice yesterday. I can't give Brian enough credit for his work. He's professional, know his stuff, and is willing to answer any questions you have or help in anyway. Brian's dyno'd both my Mustangs and my Formula and I'd trust him with a Ferrari, if I owned one. Dyno Tune Motorsports is the place to go if you need a tune or pulls. Thanks again Brian! :D And yes, my air filter seriously needs to be cleaned and/or changed out. :(

The car is just a blast to drive. Not that it wasn't before, but even more so now. Night and day difference with that pulley swap. And hell, it only took me two years and three months to get it done. :o Seriously, that's how long I've had the pullies in my garage! But I am more than happy with its numbers and performance on the street.

I do NOT consider me or my car a Dyno Queen. Sure, it makes good numbers for its mods, but I don't talk it up being something that it's not on the street, nor do I really give a F about its numbers. I've got an IRS brace and springs to go on next, so maybe I'll bring it out to the Fall track day. I broke so much crap with my Formula, it really got me gun shy about racing a car really hard at the track. Especially a $20K Cobra. :(

Anyway, the car's great and I scared the shit out of my father in it yesterday. He's in from out of town and had never been in my car before. Hell, he had never been in anything that fast before. So he got the royal treatment and enjoyed it with its new power... :cool: