Turbo S-10 pics

tomcowle

Flipper's drag radial car, single turbo blow-thru set-up has been in the low 7's at 199mph, no intercooler on gas. 4th gen camaro at over 3400lbs..

Lutz also ran a blow-thru C&S carb when he switched over from nitrous, Filipowski did thee headers/hat/coldside piping on it. Pretty sure he dipped into the 6's with it as well

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
no the old seat up

well he changed it a few times now.. last i knew, bobby or perry had his old 88's sitting at bobbys house(from the alky set-up)

ooh and earon, give this man a cookie...he thinks he's specail. :rolleyes:

Guest Removed
yeah i heard was perry had them 88s. and bill was injected. but who knows now with them guys

well bobby had them now perry does...bobby's keeps talking 598ci with twins but hell if i know :cool:

Guest Removed
haha what for the truck??

im not sure anymore..one minute it a falcon, the the fairlane then the ranger(he's looking for the newer style one now, i think he gave up on that other one. and he's putting the 557 in that old f100 thinking he's going to get 50k out of it :rolleyes:

Damn guys, cool off. The guy is just sharing pics of a project he is building. He doesn't have to impress all of you and whoever is flipping the bill is the one who needs to be happy.

What core support is in the S10?

A tubular one I bent up for it.

So your saying it won't run properly?

I did this set-up as well, it seems to be running fine.

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww328/tomcowle/driversidefinished10.jpg

Now this is bad ass

I bet those run great :rolleyes:

I guessing you have never driven a charge cooled car?

one fact about blow through that efi cant do. when blowing through the booster the fuel cools the intake temps like a water alky kit. but not quite that well. mine is no intercooler and is great. the facts are about 90% BLOW THROUGH dont use intercoolers. same with prochargers. look at any procharger book they rate power fi, then carb, then intercooled. the blow through carb numbers are right up there with intercooler.

• 2 weeks later...

hey matt roy and i was up at the dyno shop last month and we seen your truck there.. sweet setup, hows that setup working for you? have you had a chance to get some track time? i was thinking about doing my s10 but i think 9-1 compression would be to much for turbo's.. let me know if that setup works good..

if i dont sell it or trade i'm thinking about going turbo..

Here are some engine pictures of a 1991 S-10 I did and then re-did this winter. Owner originally wanted a single turbo then switched gears then wanted a twin-turbo. There are a few things to revise (radiator hose, powdercoat coldside intake and tune) but it started and ran under its own power this weekend.

Quick Specs:

406" chevy

GMPP "Fastburn" 210cc heads

Steel crank

H-beams

JE slugs

Blow-thru carb

60mm turbos

Turbo 400 trans

9" ford ladderbar rear suspension

315 mt drag radials

Street truck, hoping it runs 13.0's or better...lol