OSU Student Football tickets - full of fail for anyone else?

spankis

I know there are more than a few OSU students on here. I tried to order football tickets this morning through the new ticketmaster-based system the university apparently is using now. Tickets became available at 10am today, i ordered at 10:20, and was left looking at a "processing" screen that said to expect "15+ minutes" of wait time. I waited for 30 minutes before I had to go to class, and left my credit card with my roommate in case if went through while I was gone.

Well, it didn't finish until 12:15 after I had returned, and even then the away games I tried to order were "unavailable". Awesome.

I managed to get at least the home games ordered but it took 2 hours. Thanks OSU.

Anybody else see that the new system is 1,000,000,000% fail?

Funniest part was walking around campus at 11 this morning, people were all over walking with their laptops open trying to buy tickets on their way to class. Couldn't help but laugh seeing as how I gave my password to my roommate and he ordered them after noon with no problems.

Girl I am seeing heard a tip to get around the system. Most people used the link provided in the email. She went to ticketmaster and typed in "Ohio State Football" put in her password, processed in 2 minutes.

Girl I am seeing heard a tip to get around the system. Most people used the link provided in the email. She went to ticketmaster and typed in "Ohio State Football" put in her password, processed in 2 minutes.

She paid student ticket price, not public? I wonder how OSU coordinates a seating group with friends if you do it that way.... I wouldn't want to chance it.

She paid student ticket price, not public? I wonder how OSU coordinates a seating group with friends if you do it that way.... I wouldn't want to chance it.

Yeah, it took her to the same screen and everything. It just went around the gateway all 50,000 people were trying to use.

This works. I waited like 5 minutes then I heard some guy saying he did that so I tried it. Took me only like 1 minute skipping the link from osu. I don't like the new system, it seems weird buying tickets before you say who you want to sit with.

They don't handle the group seating until june, instead of at the time you buy tickets, which is just going to mean a big cluster fuck later.

Yeah I had two friends getting their tickets for me today, took them 2+ hours, and only one of them was able to get USC. I'm so glad I'm finally graduating this quarter, OSU has had some serious problems the last few years, and its only going to get worse when they try to switch to semesters.

They don't handle the group seating until june, instead of at the time you buy tickets, which is just going to mean a big cluster fuck later.

Yeah I had two friends getting their tickets for me today, took them 2+ hours, and only one of them was able to get USC. I'm so glad I'm finally graduating this quarter, OSU has had some serious problems the last few years, and its only going to get worse when they try to switch to semesters.

Yeah, that is what I heard from everyone. My girlfriend said she was trying to buy them for an hour or something. I am glad I am getting outta here, it seems like they are changing everything around.

I agree. My mom has been a University employee for 20-something years and she has even begun to talk about how poorly things are handled. It's not just students who are affected. All the dumbass policy and bureaucracy are bringing it down; I'm not sure how enthusiastic I'll be about donating tons of money back to the University as an alumni unless things change.