break lines

bigbluebird

its going to come down to galfer or speigler, and which has the lower price.

some claim they are different, but in reality in my opinion, they are both the same.

most noticeable difference: speigler has heads that you can rotate for easy install and DOT approved, but galfer is generally cheaper, and i didn't have any problem installing my galfer lines.

I vote Spiegler since they are an Ohio company. Plus' date=' I've bought from them before and they have excellent service and turn around time. They will even custom build any line(s) you want.

[url']http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/brakelines.cfm

Oh, and it's brake not break

cough*bite cough*me :D

sorry about that

ok you got me there

i r wealthy rich rich local bisines man and would like you order me many break line for me compny. i send you bank certified check and you order for me. yes?

i like the fact that they are in ohio.

true story... I'm gonna focus on practicality before appearance though so ill hold off on rears just yet

Good move, I think if I was going to do the rear I would lighten the rotor. If you want to go that route, I know there is a whole thread on 600rr.net about that...good read, lots of opinions both way on doing that.

i was under the impression that it was the type of fluid you got that determined how stiff/hard the brakes were. the SS lines were just to prevent fade...

so with that you could get SS rear line and just put normal pads and DOT 4 fluid in there and you'd be fine. is that a correct assumption?

idk i got SS rear's only because it was a good deal i got for mine, i haven't ever had a problem locking them up.

i was under the impression that it was the type of fluid you got that determined how stiff/hard the brakes were. the SS lines were just to prevent fade...

so with that you could get SS rear line and just put normal pads and DOT 4 fluid in there and you'd be fine. is that a correct assumption?

idk i got SS rear's only because it was a good deal i got for mine, i haven't ever had a problem locking them up.

More the other way around...the higher DOT ratings are more fade resistant/handle heat better. The stock rubber lines will flex/bulge some as the brake pressure increases causing a squishy feeling...braided will firm this up.

Good move, I think if I was going to do the rear I would lighten the rotor. If you want to go that route, I know there is a whole thread on 600rr.net about that...good read, lots of opinions both way on doing that.

Nah, I wont even mess with the rear right now since I dont really use it much yet..