Tranny problems.

thorne

Sadly this is my fault and I caused it doing what I said I would not do on this tranny.

So here's what happens. It's had some synchro issues for a while nothing major. 4th to 5th liked to grind if you did not keep the RPM's up. With the lightened flywheel my rpms drop quickly.

New problem

Sometimes when I got from 2nd to 3rd it feels like third just anit there. Like there is a squishy resitance but I was not going to put any more pressure on it. Now If I let the shifter go back to center and try again it usally works fine. It only happens sometimes and I've not figured out the trigger. But I can make it do it if I go out and try just takes a few trys.

Now if this is just the Synchros no biggie I'm going to have them done next month anyways. If this is the shifter fork again next month no problem.

I'm just not sure what it is and I would like to have a rough idea before i have the tranny taken apart.

Its going to be coming apart. It looks like 12-15 hours labor. New shift fork and new synchros

Might as well look into a complete new trans if you dont wanna go into it again.

New seals are a good thought too.

Trust me might as well be the last time its taken apart.

Seriously, call Andrewtech, tell him how they've failed in the past, tell him the gear ratios you like now, tell him your power and power plans, and he'll come up with the best possible box.

FWIW, due to how weak the Australian Dollar is right now, PPG gears are going at like 40% off.