Stupid Decisions

thorne

Don't do it.. AT least for the 2010. First year cars are always a disappointment when compared to the subsequent years.

Personally, I'd rather a turbo Subaru to a Camaro. But I know that doesn't hold true for everyone.

I think your basic problem is that you haven't figured out what you want to do with your car. :) Nail that down and all of your decisions will be clearer.

This is prolly the best advice, I do not know you Thorne but you prolly change your mind on a public fourm more then anyone ive seen on any board.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you love awd so much and always talk about how great it is in ohio winters ect, why not just keep the wrx? Im sure its paid off its been paid off ages ago im mean shit its an 2003. save up a buy another car of your choice.

I bought it in like 06 its not paid off yet but its worth more then I owe.

how come you never did anything else with it ? and why only 300? from your old post you seem to be a lover of drag racing then now all about auto x/ rally type racing? why not make a 500 hp car then?

I love RACING.

The wrx is not a drag car and I made decisions early on that pretty much killed the idea of it ever being a drag car. I've done quite a bit to the car. The reason its at 300whp is because I'm scared of the lag I would get with the larger turbo . Yes I do have a larger turbo but I was holding onto it for a 2.5 or at the very least a 2.3 stroker.

The reason i changed my focus is it was my orginal intent. The tranny I bought was designed for Rally. Super short gears . I broke it drag racing .

I does suck that 300whp gets no respect now days ;) I really don't want tod rive a LAG monster. Right now my car is zippy as hell in the city from light to light and shit. My gears + my power curve are to thank for that.

If its so easy to make 500whp daily for 5k wrx how come there are not more of them? Its so easy to see they are not as easy to mod or take mods well as some cars, because at the dsm vs subi shootout at norwalk every subi gets murdered.

How to make 400-500whp

Hybrid 2.5 3000$ installed

GT35R 1000-1500 installed (I already have at turbo that could get me to 400-450)

Praying that my tranny would hold up priceless. I've already got all the other supporting mods for the fuel system and such.

Don't do it.. AT least for the 2010. First year cars are always a disappointment when compared to the subsequent years.

Personally, I'd rather a turbo Subaru to a Camaro. But I know that doesn't hold true for everyone.

I think your basic problem is that you haven't figured out what you want to do with your car. :) Nail that down and all of your decisions will be clearer.

This man speaks the truth. As for putting allot into my WRX. I've put upwards of 13 grand (Receipts Available even) so far into my car. Some of that is repeat parts such as the clutch.

I'll list my parts. If I had the camaro dropped the same money it would run 11's all day long i'm sure.

My mod list.

2003 Subby WRX. (Project Stock)

VF39

HUGE TMIC

3inch down&up

IPS Motorsport catback

T-flip mod

Modded stock injectors 823cc

walbro 255

JDM STi RA v6 Tranny

LC-1 + Gauge

southbend Stage 3 Clutch

Clutch masters Pro-racing Flywheel

HPS HAWKS

18inch gun metal rims

20% tint

Thorne Special Sauce

TurboXS Hyrbid BOV

Kartboy shifter combo

CAI Intake

Tactrix Cable

Suspension

STi Springs

Tokico d-spec

Outrigger bushings

TiC Clunk Killer RACE

whiteline steering bushings.

Fender Cowl Braces

Trailing Arm Bushings

Basicly the only things left stock on my car power wise are.

The block

some bushings

W/M is nice....on a k04 or gt28. This is what I dont understand from the 1.8t guys, YOU ONLY HAVE TO PAY FOR 1 TURBO AND you dont have to pull the motor. I didnt go gt28 because it requires rods and I dont feel like taking the engine apart, so if thats the case in 1.8t's as well, atleast do k04 man.

or not

If I was on a GT28 I wouldn't care about W/M.. K04 or K03 is a different story. They just blow nothing but hot air after 4-5k, which is really the only reason I'd care to run W/M. If I went with a bigger turbo it would be last resort. I understand what you're saying about just one turbo, but I'm not ripping out a turbo until it's really done. until then, party time!