hmm batteryish Q?

SRTurbo04

ok so the last few weeks upon start up the car would sound like the belts on the car were squealing .... well as the days go on the squealing would go longer an louder. well Tuesday it would get real loud an stay on an it would go away if i revved the car. well on Wednesday it started to squeal really bad an wouldn't go away even with revving. so i floored it an went threw the gears the squeeling all of a sudden stopped but then my battery light came on an stayed on. well i let it sit drove the car today an the headlights seemed fine but my interior an dash lights were all dimm, my air wouldnt push the air full blast.

the battery's only a year old could i of popped the alternator(as its connected to the belts thats why it would stop squeeling).

i checked to see if the belt was still on, it looks like its on an in good shape any insight?

Guest Removed
paul I have an account at napa call them and tell them you have an account and ask them how much it is if its alot cheaper ill pick it up for you but sometimes its not

BS...dont matter who you are at napa. everyone gets the same price!

i have proved it over and over time and time again. i used to work at a shop that spent over 30k a month.. my manager called and got a price on a starter, i called acting like a chinese guy and got the same damn price. bugt this will very also, with napa's stores. like the napa in scumbury. that place goes by list. i know people that drive to westerville just to get parts at better prices.

Paul, I have a large charger you can try. Sounds like the alternator to me.

I have a Napa account and can check what I can do for pricing on the part but I think Rob's supplier will be lower. I do all my stuff at the Westerville one, I've never had a weird issue on pricing.

so just went to autozone jsut for shits so they can test it on the car, the guy said there is no power what so ever coming from anywhere ahhh i will be testing the alternator once i can get it out an off... soooo who wants to do an alternator on my car :( dammmm