88 Ford AOD problems

speedline

I have a 88 thunderbird that I bought and it has the 5.0 mpfi v8 w/AoD.

The problems: It wont shift out of gear until 3200 rpms..even if i let off of the gas it just drops down to idle and when I hit the gas it just revs until it hits whatever rpms for the speed that im going! It shifts very hard when it goes into the next gear too! If anybody could help me on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Guest Removed

im not going to say...cause its hard to tell who has what and if its any good!

i know a few rebuilders, most do bench builds for 300-400 depending, plus parts. and they normally get a good hook up on parts and what not. and they wont know what or if any hard parts are needed till they open it up and see.

Wooo Hoooo I fixed it!!!! It was the kick down cable..the selector on the tranny was froze. I looked on the throttle body and I had about a inch of play but the cable wouldnt move at all,so I got underneath the car and tried to move the selector and it broke loose. The cable was dry as hell so im lubing it up tonight ;) LMAO! The car shifts great,but for how long who knows. Thanks again for the help guys.